corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » knocking while driving, coming from front. Opinions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author knocking while driving, coming from front. Opinions?
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Dec 12 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, so recently started to get a knocking coming from the front of the corsa. Sounds like a ticking sort of knocking, only happens when i accelerate, if i lift off and just coast it doesn't seem to happen, also speeds up as the car does. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side. I figured it would the CV joint, so changed the outer, still there, so would i be right in saying it's the inner?

Just wanting some opinions on potential things to check as i can't be asked for the trial and error replacement of parts

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

18th Dec 12 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check all the bolts are tight and in place on your engine mounts, if its an xe on split shafts check the bracket is still attached to the block that supports the split shaft

[Edited on 18-12-2012 by Stoneyginger]
Paul W
Premium Member

19th Dec 12 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All bolts and fittings to do with suspension are tight as i checked them all when i did the outer CV. Forgot to mention it's a x14xe

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Dec 12 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth trying the inner CV although CV noise is normally off load and goes away on, opposite to what you have. That's the most likely. Other stuff wouldn't really depend on load.
D0NN3R

19th Dec 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine mounts may be worn
marklawton

20th Dec 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same symptoms as you on my astra coupe. was always the inner cv. use to get about 6 months out of my inner cvs cause of how low and the camber i was running

New Poll