corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Can I hide my Facebook profile completely?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can I hide my Facebook profile completely?
Tiger

User status: Offline
20th Dec 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't want to delete it but I want to suspend my profile for a while so I don't appear in searches or anything, is it do-able? I searched it and only found out about changing my privacy levels.
Ben.
Liam-Wilko

20th Dec 12 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate you go to deactivate profile and it give you a few optiones one is that you will be back.

what will happen is if you want to reactivate it you log in as normal and it promtes you
Balling
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, really.

When I deleted mine it asked if I perhaps would consider to just deactivate it in stead.

That was a few years ago mind you, so might possibly have changed.

Liam-Wilko

20th Dec 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
As above, really.

When I deleted mine it asked if I perhaps would consider to just deactivate it in stead.

That was a few years ago mind you, so might possibly have changed.

still the same mate
Dom

20th Dec 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can change the privacy settings to remove you from the Google/Facebook searches if that's what you're after.....
Tiger

20th Dec 12 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't see that option Dom. I just want to be invisible for a while, it's doing my head in at the minute but got a lot of stuff on there I don't want to lose permanently.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dont go on there then?

Its attention seeking constantly seeing my friends go up and down as people disable then renable themselves when they see that noone actually cares theyve gone
Liam-Wilko

20th Dec 12 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Main reason i use facebook it to ether buy or seel somthing its easy and free other than that I prob wouldn't use it
danny_vx

20th Dec 12 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Just dont go on there then?

Its attention seeking constantly seeing my friends go up and down as people disable then renable themselves when they see that noone actually cares theyve gone

Totally agree with this, they expect some kind of welcome party when they're back on
Liam-Wilko

20th Dec 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jay

20th Dec 12 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I hate the announcements "deleting this thing it causes nothing but trouble" two days later "defo deleting this" shut up
danny_vx

20th Dec 12 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah and the worst type of person then makes a twitter account, makes about 10 tweets saying how shit facebook is and they'll never use it again, but is back on Facebook after 2 days such attention seeking its unreal
3CorsaMeal

20th Dec 12 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole talking to real friends/people on the internet is a back idea imo

I find the worst offenders are people who before facebook came along would of considered using the internet/computer to talk to other people "geeky or sad"

But now its deemed socially cool, the same people come online and makes idiots of themselves as they don't know how to behave, they are like excited kids going to the pub for the first time. Then you slowly see the real side of those people and are reminded why you never really liked them to begin with.
danny_vx

20th Dec 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very well said, a prime example.. When I went to Magaluf in 2005 I briefly went on the computers in the hotel lobby to checkup my email (pre Facebook area) and got abused by everyone, why would I be going on the Internet on holiday? Went on another lads holiday in 2008 and practically the whole lobby was full of people sitting on Facebook.
These type of people may be in their mid twenties but act like teenagers on the Internet due to being introduced to it later.

It's Hilarious, as you said.. Certainly brings out people's true colours.
Tiger

20th Dec 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look, i'm not out for a big farewell, I dont want to explain myself, I dont dislike facebook, there's just a bit of dust I wish to settle before I continue using it. I have a lot of friends I have met whilst travelling and I will also be losing communication with them. I'll not be making a fuss about it.
Steve
Premium Member

20th Dec 12 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then just dont log in?
Tiger

20th Dec 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather shut it down, I still get email updates and stuff, people will still be sending me messages then the temptation will be there to open it. If I suspend it I know I won't be tempted to 'quickly' log in to read the message.
AlunJ

20th Dec 12 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely you could just turn off e-mail updates etc?
Ian W

20th Dec 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
The whole talking to real friends/people on the internet is a back idea imo

I find the worst offenders are people who before facebook came along would of considered using the internet/computer to talk to other people "geeky or sad"

But now its deemed socially cool, the same people come online and makes idiots of themselves as they don't know how to behave, they are like excited kids going to the pub for the first time. Then you slowly see the real side of those people and are reminded why you never really liked them to begin with.

Nail and head
Jamie Walby

20th Dec 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny_vx
Very well said, a prime example.. When I went to Magaluf in 2005 I briefly went on the computers in the hotel lobby to checkup my email (pre Facebook area) and got abused by everyone, why would I be going on the Internet on holiday? Went on another lads holiday in 2008 and practically the whole lobby was full of people sitting on Facebook.
These type of people may be in their mid twenties but act like teenagers on the Internet due to being introduced to it later.

It's Hilarious, as you said.. Certainly brings out people's true colours.

I point blank refuse to use Facebook/the Internet in general on holiday. Normally turn my phone off too and only use to let home know I'm not dead
LeeM

20th Dec 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love taking the odd photo and posting it on facebook when im away. on the beach, beach front bar, etc. but i only take the pics and upload, dont hang about to see whos got what to say about it

New Poll