corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe running like a bag of spanners

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe running like a bag of spanners
jay.jay

User status: Offline
28th Dec 12 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, just converted my corsa to x16xe (was a x14 before) and it started first time and ran fine for about 10 minutes, then after a short drive it began to misfire throughout the whole rev range and couldnt idle when coming to a stop. it also smells like its overfueling. I've ran the fault codes and its came up with practically every sensor on the engine. They were all working fine before the change, any one have any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Dec 12 at 03:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you still using the x14xe ecu?
Mark.W

29th Dec 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try changing the coolant temp sensor on the front of the thermostat mine ran lumpy,hesitant,overfueling and was just the coolant temp sensor.Only about £10 from motor factors so worth a try.

Or just try unplugging it first then start it up to see if it does run better and if it does that's what your problem is.
jay.jay

29th Dec 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's using an x16xe ecu, the only thing that I've kept off the 1.4 is the loom and the sensors.

Could the CTS cause it to not start? Cause it's not starting at all now ill try unplugging it see if that does anything. Anything else worth looking at whilst I'm there?
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

29th Dec 12 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you sure all the sensors are plugged in correctly? i know it sounds stupid but when i did mine from X14 to X16 it was more or less plug and play.

timing will make it run shite if its a tooth or so out.
jay.jay

14th Jan 13 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update: sorted a few mangled wires out and the car runs fine on idle, but then when I go to drive it and it gets hot the problems come back and it misfires and won't idle, all the sensors worked on the old engine? Anyone any more ideas?
Martin W
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know from expierence the crank sensor causes misfires if the gap bertween the end of the sensor and pulley arent right.
as for overfueling , ive got exactly the same problem,so not too sure on that yet

[Edited on 14-01-2013 by Martin W]
daine
Premium Member

14th Jan 13 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jay.jay what year is your car!?!? and what year is ECU !?!? early & late run different Knock sensor's the car should tick over ok! but will misfire when you try revving it, make sure the ECU is same year and your problem will disappear
jay.jay

14th Jan 13 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is 1999, and I'm not sure what age the ecu is how do I check pal?
daine
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to know what year the engine is dude!, did the ECU come with the engine!?!?!? and is the ECU red&cream
plugs??.
You need red&white plugs and the the engine loom off the x1.4xe and the knock sensor
hope this helps.
jay.jay

15th Jan 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Daine the ecu I was using was an early type one, my loom is a late loom with the single wire knock sensor. Thanks a lot mate car runs fine now
Martin W
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Genius that Diane

New Poll