corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sky Broadband and Usenet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky Broadband and Usenet
Chrissy
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Jan 13 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New to the usenet scene.. Has anyone ever had any hassle from Sky due to the amount they're downloading?

>>>> Chris <<<<

Toby
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on Sky's top package (ythink it was called Max a few years ago) i would regulary do 100/150GB a month and never heard a peep in 2 years
Chrissy
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See I'm on their unlimited service and it says there's no usage caps.. But I've just looked at my hard drive and it seems I've downloaded 400gb in a week.. I'll maybe give it a rest for a bit..

>>>> Chris <<<<

Brett
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the point out of interest? Doubt you've watched 400gb of stuff in a week.
Chrissy
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using Sickbeard when you add a show it adds the entire back catalogue to your download queue.. So it just downloads everything at once for your to watch later.

>>>> Chris <<<<

John

12th Jan 13 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I downloaded loads and had no problem.

You're a bit late to the party though? Almost everything useful has shut down.
Brett
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
Using Sickbeard when you add a show it adds the entire back catalogue to your download queue.. So it just downloads everything at once for your to watch later.

Fair enough, was just curious.
Chrissy
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I downloaded loads and had no problem.

You're a bit late to the party though? Almost everything useful has shut down.

Yeah I noticed that.. However I've still managed to get everything I've been looking for so it's not been too bad.

>>>> Chris <<<<

noshua

12th Jan 13 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on their fibre and never heard anything either.
Toby
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
What's the point out of interest? Doubt you've watched 400gb of stuff in a week.

Depends Brett really, the more your able to download the larger the files you would download.

I currently have a Infinity connection which records 75/80meg most days, becuase i can download 10/12 times quicker than i could previously i donwload files that are 10/12 times bigger, some untouched blurrays etc at 30/40GB
Brett
Premium Member

12th Jan 13 at 16:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Depends Brett really, the more your able to download the larger the files you would download.

I currently have a Infinity connection which records 75/80meg most days, becuase i can download 10/12 times quicker than i could previously i donwload files that are 10/12 times bigger, some untouched blurrays etc at 30/40GB

Yeah that's a fair point, only on 8MB here so I'd shy away from a 40GB download
andy_mk3

12th Jan 13 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been with Sky for years, and had Fibre with them for almost a year now, can download 100's of GB without a problem. Main reason I'm with Sky, as they don't have any limits or traffic shaping
dannymccann

13th Jan 13 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know my father in law has Sky (which works intermittently I must admit), he still torrents, which I have told him to stop, but nevertheless he has never heard anything either
WATSON

13th Jan 13 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been with Sky for just over a year now with no problem, We switched to Sky from virgin media and will never look back!

Most of the family have Sky also and have no problem.

New Poll