corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Xe inlet manifold fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Xe inlet manifold fitting
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
20th Jan 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i removed my XE out of the donor corsa i couldnt get the inlet manifold off with the engine in the car as i could un-do all of the nuts but the studs where too long to allow me to slide the manifold away as it just hit the bulkhead. I was wandering if anyone had replaced the studs and nuts for bolts to allow the manifold to be removed incase i need access for whatever reason? Cheers.
daine
Premium Member

21st Jan 13 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just make sure you get them the right length Chris! slightly too long and they will bottom out and strip the
threads, same if there too short!, that's why alloy heads have studs.
To get the manifold off whilst engine is still in the car, undo the driver's side engine mount and let the
engine drop forwards, this gives you enough room.
Generation

21st Jan 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use bolts now.. Just remove the studs?
Also unless you're engine isn't sitting right, you can get I let off with engine bolted in.

I've done it about 15 times now, due to a water leak diagnosis from
Where, and changing for powdercoated one etc

[Edited on 22-01-2013 by Generation]

New Poll