corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Turbos, manifold etc etc! Help and info

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbos, manifold etc etc! Help and info
Aidan-Fleming

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 13 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of yous may know of my project and I previously had an XE. For my current big project I want to fit a let.

Basically I'm just looking for some information and why you guys recommend as to be honest I don't know much about turbos etc.

Search the Internet and loads of different options out there like a Garrett T3? T4, but you see some at £250 and some at £1000, what's the actually different? Also I thought about Gt28, seen there are a few on nissans.
So do I need to buy a manifold for a let that has a flange for a T3 turbo? Or can I buy any tubular manifold tht fits a let but with a different flange, cut the flange off and weld on the appropriate flange to suit?

Also with things like the actuator? If I go for a T3 turbo, do I need to buy a t3 actuator, so does anyone fit?

Any more info on turbos etc yous would like to let me know then please do.

Thanks in advance!
rsmark

2nd Feb 13 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 200sx manifold reflanged and used a evo td05 turbo with forge actuator and it was a great conversion

If you use a t3/ t34 make sure it's a genuine garratt turbo and not a cheap eBay waste of money

My advise would be to buy a t3 from a Cosworth 4x4 that needs a rebuild and get it freshly built to stage 2 hybrid with a .48 rear housing, it will be good for 360bhp and still be a punchy turbo, coupled with a reflanged 200sx manifold and a -34 actuator

If you can afford it then fit a gt series turbo but again buy it from somewhere decent and not eBay
Aidan-Fleming

2nd Feb 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay thanks

New Poll