corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » which iphone internet browser?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author which iphone internet browser?
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Apr 13 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up to now ive been using safari and ive always had this feeling ive been using data up faster than id of thought, i was talking to a friend and they said safari was using up all their data, so ive started looking at different options..

Im using opera right now, its ok but im not gelling with it, its a bit awkward to navigate and its doing stuff ive not asked it to do, for instance try to shrink the page with 2 fingers and it sends you to the top of a page... Little things like that try my patience sooo much..

So, whats everyone else using?
John

12th Apr 13 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do they all still use the safari engine under it or has that changed?
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Apr 13 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont have a clue, ive only tried opera, it doesnt really look like safari at all but obviously thats not to say they havent covered it up.
mwg

12th Apr 13 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Safari but I've got Chrome too. Seem much of a muchness
Bart

12th Apr 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Up to now ive been using safari and ive always had this feeling ive been using data up faster than id of thought, i was talking to a friend and they said safari was using up all their data, so ive started looking at different options..

Im using opera right now, its ok but im not gelling with it, its a bit awkward to navigate and its doing stuff ive not asked it to do, for instance try to shrink the page with 2 fingers and it sends you to the top of a page... Little things like that try my patience sooo much..

So, whats everyone else using?

Sounds like user error.

Do you know clicking the top of the phone will send you right to the top of the page? sounds like your first finger is touching that part first.
Brett
Premium Member

12th Apr 13 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

I use chrome which I prefer massively, but I think what you say above is correct since websites still see me as using Safari.
Dom

12th Apr 13 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Yup; Apple won't allow full blown third-party browsers so they're essentially wrappers with different frontends. Although browsers like Opera Mini (both Mini and Mobile versions are available on Android) compress data by piping it through their own proxies which is suppose to give you a speed advantage.
kz

12th Apr 13 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love Chrome on the PC... so downloaded for the iPhone but tbh I did find it quite a bit slower so back on Safari now.
Wrighty

12th Apr 13 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chrome, its not a buggy nowadays either
Ian W

12th Apr 13 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used Chrome for a while which I prefered but the fact that links etc all open up with Safari just bugged me so I deleted it and went back to Safari for everything, as said, much of a muchness really

[Edited on 12-04-2013 by Ian W]

New Poll