corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Strange sound when on boost

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Strange sound when on boost
Neo

User status: Offline
2nd May 13 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened since monday/tuesday. Sometimes when on boost the car sounds like a kazoo

I've checked for play in the turbo and its perfectly fine, no movement at all and spins freely, nice and oily so no problems there. Was really bad and happening in every gear until last night when I tightened the boost pipes and it seems to have slightly remedied the issue (much quieter and now only seems to happen in 4th or 5th). It happens more when the engine is cold, so I've been driving the car up to about 2k rpm until warm and then very rarely any noise.

So i'm assuming, and hoping, its just a boost leak somewhere, any ways to find it short of ripping the whole system out and putting it back together being thorough ? Luckily its the BH weekend so can pull everything off, however don't want to be wasting time if there is an easy fix.
Munchie

2nd May 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/maintenance/how-to-find-a-vacuum-leak
Neo

2nd May 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, although I don't have a smoke machine

I'll start by just removing and replacing the easier pipework and see if I can find it, then move onto Carb cleaner

New Poll