corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16xe drive belt problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16xe drive belt problems
josh-horne

User status: Offline
   21st May 13 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just recently put a 1.6 in my corsa van and now I can't find the right size belt for the alternator as there is no tensioner power steering pump or air con
andy_mk3

21st May 13 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a v-belt or multi-rib? Either way it will need something to tension the belt, unless you've made the alternator adjustable?

As for the belt, it will be a non-standard size without PAS. You can measure it with some string or whatever then go from there.
josh-horne

21st May 13 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a multi rib and yeah I've made it so it locks in behind the mount with a bit was just asking to see If anyone had done it before and what size belt they used
andy_mk3

21st May 13 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right fair enough! Someone may have done it, but if not then just measure it. Measure it with the adjuster with about 1/4 adjustment, so you still have 3/4 adjustment remaining. Then if you get 760mm, then you want a 6PK760 belt, or however many ribs there are. Then it should slip on easily and have plenty of adjustment left to tension up.
josh-horne

24th May 13 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the help got it sorted in the end

New Poll