corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » z16xe to x16xe ECU Wiring Problem (Corsa C/Meriva)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author z16xe to x16xe ECU Wiring Problem (Corsa C/Meriva)
nitrousvaux

User status: Offline
18th Jun 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Just been looking around the site and it has some cracking posts and good information to hand, however I could not locate the search function and could do with some help and advice.

I have a Meriva (basically a Corsa C) which had a ruing z16xe engine which smoked and had failed. I managed to get rid of most of the engine and a good guy on PNG had a good x16xe engine for sale and at a better price than I could get a second z16xe engine and I went a brought that.

I managed to fit the engine but then got totally lost on the wiring side of things. Not fully understanding the complexities of the can bus system I merrily chopped wires like a man possessed and kinda made a mess of things. (Cut main ECU plug off!)

I tried to mate the wiring loom to the car as I have of Nova's previously but caused a few headaches.

I have managed to get the new engine, ecu, transponder and key chip running and starting but I can't get the dash to work.

I will say at this point in trying to confirm the wires for the rev counter and temp gauge I managed to blow the fuse for the dash module.

After frantic searching, I realised that I need to run the original car ECU and the transponder and key chip to get the car side of the loom working.

I managed to get the wires reconnected on the ECU plug, but I still have battery light on, EPS light, no rev and no temp gauge. I do now have the oil light and car with a spanner light coming on, so I am getting ECU signals now and I have the original transponder wired up with the new one.

The car with the spanner is flashing constantly for the main part which I understand is transponder signal not correct.

I wonder with 2 chip keys and 2 transponders whether the signals are getting confused, although on the engine side the engine is running and idling fine.

Could anyone shed some light on my issues or give me some advice or avenue to go down? I am getting a little fuzzled in my old age and really need to get this motor sorted so I can shift the missus KA to get my Nova cash back!

Thanks for your responses.

[Edited on 18-06-2013 by nitrousvaux]
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x engines are pre canbus so if you are trying to get it to work in a meriva you will need either to use all the z engines electronics or piggy back the ecu and run 2 of them but the eml light will stay on doing this.
meriva and corsa c all use canbus on the dash units. I had a bit of a head scratch when fitting the z22se in to my corsa c. still havn't got the oil pressure light or speedo working but everything else works fine.
nitrousvaux

18th Jun 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, I have piggy backed the ecu;s as you say but still cant get all of the lights off. I think I have read a post about a crank sensor which gives the revs and other signals for the EPAS.
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Jun 13 at 05:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you will need 2 crank sensors. 1 for the dash and the other for engine control.
nitrousvaux

19th Jun 13 at 05:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for the help. I am guessing I cant split the signal for the one crank sensor but as you say run both. I can wire this up to the original loom for completeness. well cant get to the car until the weekend so will have a bash then.

New Poll