corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Laptop wireless not working???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Laptop wireless not working???
c4rsa-sport

User status: Offline
16th Oct 13 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this problem a while but never really used the laptop but its annoying me now. I have a BT homehub works fine for my computer and my dads but my laptop picks it up but comes up on limited connectivity or access - local only!? Any ideas what it could be?

[Edited on 16-10-2013 by c4rsa-sport]
PhilC

User status: Offline
20th Oct 13 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Likely to either be a static IP address configured on the wireless card, or a proxy server configured in the web browser.

Go to controil panel, network centre, manage adaptors, right click on wireless adaptor and then properties. YThen go to the properties of TCP/IPv4 and make suire that both the IP and DNS settings are set to use DHCP.

If that doesn't work, open IE, and go to tools and then the connections tab. There's another button in there that I can't remember, but that opens another windows to allow you to enter a proxy server. If there's something there, clear it out.

Does the laptop work wirelessly outside of the house? At work or other people's wireless?

New Poll