corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » electrical gremlins

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author electrical gremlins
Root

User status: Offline
1st Nov 13 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey y'all, got a w reg 1.0 12v corsa B.

It's got a few electrical problems..

Horn doesn't work and when pressed it makes the MFD flicker.
MFD resets after every drive.
Radio won't work (tested new radio).
Hazard lights won't work. When pressed, the hazard light on the dash lights up and doesn't intermittently light, it just stays on, the exterior bulbs don't light at all, this makes an electric noise too.

Any ideas? Hoping it's 1 problem instead of like 5 individual ones.

lol, luckily the indicators and lights still work.
Forgot to mention the steering wheel is aftermarket and maybe that's why the horn doesn't work? I've had a look behind the "cover" that clips in the center of it and there is wiring but it doesn't seem to work when pressed, nor when the 2 contacts are touched together either.

[Edited on 01-11-2013 by Root]
Root

1st Nov 13 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well after reading the haynes manual I noticed the horn and hazards are on the same fuse, so going to check that fuse right now..

Dunno about the stereo though because it worked briefly when I first plugged it in, then I unplugged it to fit the metal security box etc, plugged it back in and it no longer worked. Apparently the Stereo fuse is also the MFD fuse, my MFD does reset after every drive but it still works, surely a blown fuse would mean it wouldn't work?

Anyway time to check some fuses, brb
Root

2nd Nov 13 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replaced fuse #1, the 20 amp fuse that controls the hazards and horn and it seems to have fixed all problems..

I'm glad it was an easy fix

New Poll