corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Getting to the spark plugs on the DOHC engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting to the spark plugs on the DOHC engine
Jason Iles

User status: Offline
13th May 03 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how the Fcuk do I get to them, i've had a look and presume it's under the Ecotec cover, I took the plastic off then there was a metal plate with two Torque screws there so I undone them but still can't get the cover off?????

anyone know how to do this???

[Edited on 13-05-2003 by J 11ESY]
Dave Hay

13th May 03 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nto sound dumb or nowt cos i aint seen under the corsa c engine bay... but cant you follow the leads?
Jason Iles

13th May 03 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hay
nto sound dumb or nowt cos i aint seen under the corsa c engine bay... but cant you follow the leads?

From what I can see they are where i'm looking but I can't seem to get to them due to the metal plate over the top
CRB 553

13th May 03 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pull hard vertically up...
Adam_lee

13th May 03 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have the same engine as mine! There is NO LEADS! its called a coil over plug setup! Four indervidual coils moulded together to form what looks like "the metal plate over the top" as you describe it, sit directly on top of the plugs. Once you undo those two torque head bolts (the star shaped ones buddy), the adssembly just pulls off. Its a bit stiff cos its like pullig four leads off at once. Just pull it up straight and with a bit of elbow grease and you will reveal your spark plugs mate!

Id like to think this design is good! you see all these adds for performance leads that have less resistance in them than standard one's. Well if you aint got any leads then 100% of the current created by the coil must end up at the plug. BONUS! anyway. Its just a theory. Good luck mate. Seya
Jason Iles

14th May 03 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys I will get tugging
MikeH

14th May 03 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit of useful info that

Haven't had mine long enough to need to do it yet!

I'm guessing a 2litre vectra will have a similar setup? (my parents car)

New Poll