corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speed Cameras

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speed Cameras
Mossy01772

User status: Offline
15th Mar 04 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have always thought you can't get done by a speed camera if you are coming towards them, anyway i was in Liverpool on Sat about 2AM and i got flashed by one no other cars about and it was just a normal speed camera, should I be worried beacause any more points and i will be off the road as I have nine.
LukeGSi

15th Mar 04 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they shouldnt be able to get you but i wouldnt put anything past the police!!
Noonster

15th Mar 04 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was you speeding??
If yes then be worried!!!
Sinth

15th Mar 04 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if the speed camera was actually facing when u were passin and it flashed. i think its pretty doubtful. sumtimes the police put a police camera in the middle of a road and put lines on either side but the camera is only gonna flash one side. a bit of trickery by the police

[Edited on 15-03-2004 by Sinth]
Mossy01772

15th Mar 04 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was definately not in the middle of the road, It is a bit worrying as i have been flying through speed cameras for 4 years when they have been on the other side of the road
LukeGSi

15th Mar 04 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mossy01772
It is a bit worrying as i have been flying through speed cameras for 4 years when they have been on the other side of the road

with 9 points?? then you are a fool!!
Sinth

15th Mar 04 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u shouldve taken it easy till the next renewal of points :S
Sinth

15th Mar 04 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or u shouldve bought some sort of laser detector for speed cameras if u were gonna be a boy racer
Mossy01772

15th Mar 04 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i haven't got any points for speeding though, the fools are the people who don't see the camera's in the first place
--Dave--
Banned

15th Mar 04 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no need to be worried, the flash is just a warning to drivers going in your direction to slow down.

You shouldnt get a fine or anything. Just take it easy lol

This has happened to me before, nothing to worry about.

Dave
corsa-sxi

15th Mar 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

truvelo cameras can get u while going towards, gatsos get u from behind, and specs measure the total distance traveled divided by time....so depends what camera is was
Ditch

15th Mar 04 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
truvelo cameras can get u while going towards, gatsos get u from behind, and specs measure the total distance traveled divided by time....so depends what camera is was

Noonster

15th Mar 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Agree
Black Corsa SRi

15th Mar 04 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not slow down when going past a speed camera whichever way its facing, then u'll never have the worry at all, and how long does it put on your journey slowing down a few meters by a few miles an hour! or just dont speed! (i know most people do at some time or an other b4 anyone says enything! LOL)

[Edited on 15-03-2004 by Black Corsa SRi]
RichiesCorsa

15th Mar 04 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some types of speed cameras can get u when driving towards them - there is one on the A9.
Bilb

15th Mar 04 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres loads in Notts
tobyD

15th Mar 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all easy for you guys to knock speeding motorists, I bet all of you have gone over the speed limit at one time.
Upside down corsa you got a GSi with NOS, so your tellin me you never gone over a 100 on a motorway or never raced anyone off the lights, 0-60 sprints etc? all of which is speeding/ dangerous driving.
I got caught doing 106 at 2am on the A1 and am facing a dangerous driving conviction in june. I never speed in 30 zones etc, I was just unlucky.
It is easy to brand sum1 a fool for speeding, but we are all guilty of it, and yeah i agree, if you get caught, then you should face the consequence which is what im doing. But what goes around comes around.
Sinth

15th Mar 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toby is completely right , every 1 speeds intentionally or not and if u do get caught then ur just unlucky, dats why i always keep lookin at my rear view mirrors
Paul_J

15th Mar 04 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tobyD
its all easy for you guys to knock speeding motorists, I bet all of you have gone over the speed limit at one time.
Upside down corsa you got a GSi with NOS, so your tellin me you never gone over a 100 on a motorway or never raced anyone off the lights, 0-60 sprints etc? all of which is speeding/ dangerous driving.
I got caught doing 106 at 2am on the A1 and am facing a dangerous driving conviction in june. I never speed in 30 zones etc, I was just unlucky.
It is easy to brand sum1 a fool for speeding, but we are all guilty of it, and yeah i agree, if you get caught, then you should face the consequence which is what im doing. But what goes around comes around.

harsh mate - unlucky.
RichiesCorsa

15th Mar 04 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'dats why i always keep lookin at my rear view mirrors '

lol thats when you'll miss the patrol car sitting at the side of the road pointing a radar gun at you!
Sinth

15th Mar 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol joker
i aint seen patrol cars wid radar guns in london , been drivin for 2 yrs now
guess im lucky
RichiesCorsa

15th Mar 04 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got caught on the A90 heading into Dundee....was too busy lookin at the road to notice it hiding!!! Seen it pull out and i just thought bugger! Serves me right though!!!
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speeding kills. however its usually because of higher speeds in lower speed limited areas.ie in a 30mph zone more people will b killed than in a 70 zone. my personal opinion is that around residential and town areas etc, limit should be 20-but only if the leniancy is swung the other way, and higher speeds allowed on the motorways. when 70 was introduced, there was no abs,eps,epc,eda,ebd etc. now cars are safer and more advanced. check out germanys fatality rate on their autobahn. nothing compared to ours. if ure doing 140mph ure goin be concentratin more than 70 mph?
any1 agree?
Sinth

15th Mar 04 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course , but dont forget germany got decent roads, ive been to germany and their roads are wicked, its just the ghey UK
bubble

15th Mar 04 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sinth
of course , but dont forget germany got decent roads, ive been to germany and their roads are wicked, its just the ghey UK

cuz the german government pump back into roads what the motorists give em. we pay road tax, fuel tax etc, and what do we have to show for it?
speed cameras and coppers givin 3 points for stupid things

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll