corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Ebay traders in here

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay traders in here
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jan 09 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many of you frequently trade on ebay, I mean go out and buy on the cheap to make a profit?

Is it worth the hassle, do you earn much money? My mums friend does and and she makes a fair bit, I'm considering trying it while I'm out of work. Good points and bad points?

Thanks
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've found that trying to undercut anyone on ebay is a tough job. But, if you've found something that you can buy in cheap then fair play.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, my mums mate just buys from charity shops and car boot sales etc, but like I said she makes a fair mint off it. She's even considering packing her day job in, she sells womens clothes more than anything. Going to go and look in the local charity shop tomorow.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So am I now
Jambo

30th Jan 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clothes go for alot on Ebay, i sell all my old stuff, even faded tshirts etc you can offoad.

Theres someone somewhere who will think a faded transformers tshirt for £8 is a good idea

Love ebay
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly, there's allways money to be made.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, I don't know about you lot but I have clothes in the wardrobe I've never worn, stuff people have bought me that I wasnt keen on or are too big, think I'll get rid of them for a start.

[Edited on 30-01-2009 by DannyB]
Sam
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My other half at one stage bought loads of random things from charity shops, I helped her sell some of them on eBay.

One of them was some vintage perfume which she paid 50p for, and it ended up selling for nearly £10!
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a good example, there is allways going to be someone out there that willwant what you are selling. It's just a matter of finding the right things at the right price.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick question, how do i set it to 'buy now price' instead of an auction?
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd mate
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
u2u'd mate

Jambo

30th Jan 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was supposed to ebay stuff today, can never be arsed tho!
Daveskater
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone my mum works with does this as well, goes to jumble sale type things before work, never spends more than £3-5, and makes at least £60 off of one thing alone sometimes. She knows that to look for

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jan 09 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's something I'm seriously thinking about, I only signed up yesterday and have 1 item up now so I'll see how quickly/if that sells. Apparently I can't use the 'buy now price' option yet, and I don't really want to auction the clothes I want to sell atm, hmm..
eddiewhiteley

30th Jan 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you pay a higher fee for using buy it now, nearly 10%, an normal auction is around 5% i think.
p4uls corsa

30th Jan 09 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you have to have a minimum of 10 feedback, before you can use buy it now.
WATSON

31st Jan 09 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said you need a minimum of 10 feedback to use buy it now feature,

Its a hit in miss with ebay, i gave it ago ages but didnt work out may give it another go as i still have plenty things about that i want rid

I have about 30 pairs of jeans that i dont like that has to be sold or binned i have no room
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jan 09 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pissed off too, last week I took a bin bag full of old clothes I've never worn to the charity shop
Mertin

1st Feb 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought an 04 civic type r with 60k on the clock for 100 note.

I intend to stick most of it on ebay to make a profit
Twiggy

4th Feb 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mrs sell Ann Summers stuff on ebay.

Only downside is going down the post office every day/other day and standing round for 30mins while they sort them out....
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Feb 09 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a good few things up now, not looking all that bad so far, trial and error at the minute
WATSON

4th Feb 09 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
I bought an 04 civic type r with 60k on the clock for 100 note.

I intend to stick most of it on ebay to make a profit

04 plate civic for 100 bucks
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Feb 09 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A complete write off watson, look at the post in GC
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
4th Feb 09 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a few good ones but they're mostly accidents. Bid on a set of speakers for £120, thought I would lose so I went out and bought some. Won the ones I bid on so went through with it, waited 90 days for the feedback to disappear and re-listed them. Finished at £240-odd I think.

Bought a caravan in the summer so I could sleep over after a party on some farm miles away. Gave £1500. Tidied it up a bit and fixed everything, used it and it went for £2200 the following week.

I also bought a load of IP55 switches from B&Q for 99p to do an outdoor wiring job and only used a few, listed the rest and they all went for a few quid each.

Couldn't do it as a business though I would certainly mess it up and lose money. You need to be lucky. But there are enough stupid people about, there is no doubt about that.

[Edited on 04-02-2009 by Ian]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll