corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Gaming RAGE!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gaming RAGE!
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
26th Oct 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How bad is yours and what have you damage has been caused by it? Also which games cause it the most?

I get it really, really, really bad. MW2 cost me my first PS3 when i smashed it with my fist, the game froze and the console never worked again

Killed a PS3 pad too by launching it at a wall, leaving a nice dint and black mark on my wall Thats the problem with these wireless pads, they fly a bit too well! At least wired ones came back

Football Manager has caused a few broken keyboards and a broken mouse too

Id say the top 3 games to cause me to rage are:

1. FIFA
2. COD
3. Football Manager

I hope im not alone in this
Nath

26th Oct 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not broken anything, but I have at least 3 dents in my walls from smashing pads. And my Dad thinks I'm mental when I start swearing at the tv.
MJFF88

26th Oct 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you rage at football manager Its the most addictive game ever, but I've never raged at it

FIFA on the other hand
Cavey

26th Oct 10 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus got home from work the other day just as I scored a 91st minute own goal against Villa, one of the typical pro evo ones where you're running towards you own goal to get the ball, they don't bother kicking it and just run it into the goal, she heard a lot of swearing, me turn off the console then get a beer to calm down. But not too much rage

As I said, Evo has broken one controller, the R1 button popped out after it hit the sofa, put it back in, but it's dodgy.

And I have dented the wall to our house, wouldn't be bad if I was renting or at home, but our house.

FM has caused many moments of rage, but is easy to quit and start from the last auto-save to prevent it!

And the R4 card on the DS sometimes crashes, played a game for an hour or two, and it just stopped, that was frustrating.

Have never had rage to the extent of breaking controllers though.

I'm more happy with COD tbf, running round stabbing people from miles away and giggling about it, then stabbing people in the face straight after and laughing some more

Like you said, that's the problem with all these wireless things, and portable consoles, they're the perfect weight to throw around, clever designing to make people buy more methinks

[Edited on 26-10-2010 by Cavey]
JonnyJ

26th Oct 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine it sounds hilarious from the outside

id hate to see myself on camera, it would be so embarrassing, im usually calm again after 10 mins or so.

I've thrown a few games in the bin before declaring "Ive never playing that piece of shit again" then about 20 mins later taking it back out and playing it again

I think i have a problem.
Nath

26th Oct 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
How can you rage at football manager Its the most addictive game ever, but I've never raged at it

FIFA on the other hand

When the computer cheats and bangs in a goal in the last minute.
JonnyJ

26th Oct 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

FIFA on the other hand

Are you joking, last minute goal after you have DOMINATED a game and they just tap one in, then the fans have a go because you lost even though you were miles better, just thinking about it makes me want to hit something
JonnyJ

26th Oct 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

FIFA on the other hand

When the computer cheats and bangs in a goal in the last minute.

I hate that cheating computer, does it all the fucking time
Cole

26th Oct 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should meet bill Carr now he has mental rages kurt even rage quit the other night on mw2
Cavey

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

FIFA on the other hand

Are you joking, last minute goal after you have DOMINATED a game and they just tap one in, then the fans have a go because you lost even though you were miles better, just thinking about it makes me want to hit something

I got Crewe to the premiership, champs league, fa cup winners etc... in about 2018, lost a couple of games and ended up getting the fans pissed off because we were losing, vote of confidence, and sacked a few games later, that was a tad annoying, waste of about 13 days total play!
SnK

Lol! Was just thinking this myself last night, i shout at the t.v swear at it. But i've never broken anything. Most of time i'll just go 'WHAT THE FUCK!!!!' and switch it off. Just one of those days where you can't win ha.
Nath

26th Oct 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep shouting, 'fuck off, that wouldnt fucking happen, I shot him in the fucking face' I have real bad issues.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i never throw or punch anything because of a game. mainly because in not 7
Eck
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've learnt to calm down a bit now, but in recent times I've smashed up a couple of ps3 control pads by battering them at the wall, head butting them and trying to pull out the analogue sticks with my teeth. I shattered fifa wc, I've punched and headbutted doors and spat on the tv in less mature, younger times, games went out the window too.

[Edited on 26-10-2010 by Eck]
Nath

26th Oct 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

You're used to losing mate.
Nath

26th Oct 10 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I've learnt to calm down a bit now, but in recent times I've smashed up a couple of ps3 control pads by battering them at the wall, head button them and trying to pull out the analogue sticks with my teeth. I shattered fifa wc, I've punched and headbutted doors and spat on the tv in less mature, younger times, games went out the window too.

spat on the tv
JonnyJ

26th Oct 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I keep shouting, 'fuck off, that wouldnt fucking happen, I shot him in the fucking face' I have real bad issues.

This is me, but i have to hit something to release some tension, the more i have built up the harder and more expensive thing i tend to hit

The COD incident came in one game when NOTHING went right for me, I was on something like an 18 death streak and swore i should have killed someone, then one guy got me when i really should have had him and i got up and hit the ps3 as hard as i could, the game froze and then when i went to reset it, it wouldnt come back on Had to buy a new one

Its funny how quick you calm down and how stupid you feel when you do break something though. I just think "Im such an idiot"
Eck
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 16:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's one of those things where you have absolutely no idea what to do but you know you are inches away from melt down and need to release anger
Nath

26th Oct 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually unleash hell on my mattress as I sit on my bed when I'm playing.
JonnyJ

26th Oct 10 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I've learnt to calm down a bit now, but in recent times I've smashed up a couple of ps3 control pads by battering them at the wall, head butting them and trying to pull out the analogue sticks with my teeth. I shattered fifa wc, I've punched and headbutted doors and spat on the tv in less mature, younger times, games went out the window too.

[Edited on 26-10-2010 by Eck]

I can relate to nearly every single one of those, even the spitting at the tv

I've had bruising on my hand because of how hard i hit my PS3 pad as well, I need therapy
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

obv not
Eck
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mattress doesn't have the same release as cracking a door with multiple headbutts
Nath

26th Oct 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

obv not

you're a scouser mate, you must be used to it.
Nath

26th Oct 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
A mattress doesn't have the same release as cracking a door with multiple headbutts

Safer though
JonnyJ

26th Oct 10 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
It's one of those things where you have absolutely no idea what to do but you know you are inches away from melt down and need to release anger

Exactly

And Nath, the matress is the first stage of rage, give that a few hits, then any remotes that are nearby go for a fly across my room, then the tv takes a hit, then finally the pad goes into the wall.

recently my insurance renewal got torn up and thrown in the bin, even though i wanted to renew

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll