corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » ps3 gb?????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ps3 gb?????
Sunz

User status: Offline
6th Jun 08 at 03:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Japanese 80gb model and im down to 60gb and I hardly saved anything on the bloody thing.
If your going to be using the ps3 lot then get the 60gb model.
4 usb will be needed unless you get a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I did notice the cpu seemed slower on my mates 40gb compaired to my 80gb when installing a demo, his was like 1% a second on the GIRD demo o_O

Sri Luke, I have 3 card reader slots on my ps3 one says CF the other Sd and the other says Pro, explain please
I dont think ill ever use them but it would be nice to know what there all about...

The 40gb ps3 is ok looks a bit poverty spec tho No chrome...
Graham88

6th Jun 08 at 05:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz

I did notice the cpu seemed slower on my mates 40gb compaired to my 80gb when installing a demo, his was like 1% a second on the GIRD demo o_O

Sri Luke, I have 3 card reader slots on my ps3 one says CF the other Sd and the other says Pro, explain please
I dont think ill ever use them but it would be nice to know what there all about...

Why? I use mine pretty much daily and haven't got memory issues. I bought my 40gb for £180. So instead of spending £100 or so if I ever need the memory to upgrade it, I should spend at least £200+ for 20gb and some chrome?

Surely that's down to internet speed, not processing speed. I personally don't notice a difference between 40gb and 60gb speed.

They're card slots which cameras commonly save onto. My 400D uses CF, SD is what alot of smaller digital cameras use, and I'm not sure about Pro.

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Graham88]
xa0s
Banned

6th Jun 08 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
I have a Japanese 80gb model and im down to 60gb and I hardly saved anything on the bloody thing.
4 usb will be needed unless you get a wireless keyboard and mouse.

The 40gb ps3 is ok looks a bit poverty spec tho No chrome...

I completely forgot about the card reader. The 40gb doesn't have a card reader but the 60gb does.

As I said, if you can fill up a 40gb easily enough then it won't be long until you fill 60gb too -- you'd be better just buying a 250gb HDD and upgrading properly IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Why? I use mine pretty much daily and haven't got memory issues. I bought my 40gb for £180. So instead of spending £100 or so if I ever need the memory to upgrade it, I should spend at least £200+ for 20gb and some chrome?

Surely that's down to internet speed, not processing speed. I personally don't notice a difference between 40gb and 60gb speed.

They're card slots which cameras commonly save onto. My 400D uses CF, SD is what alot of smaller digital cameras use, and I'm not sure about Pro.

Yeah, but you got your PS3 for a bargain -- anyone would pick 40gb over 60gb if they could get it for £180.

Installing a game isn't down to internet speed (unless he means downloading a demo, which I doubt).

How would you notice a difference between the processing speed of the two consoles? You wouldn't notice a difference between a 3ghz PC and a 3.1ghz PC unless you was properly looking out for it -- it doesn't mean it's not there.

Oh and the only reason you haven't got "memory issues" is because you have barely any games. Each game requires around 5gb to install. It'd be very easy to fill up 40gb from just installing games. Yeah, you could un-install their data to save space, but that'd be really annoying having to install it every time you wanted to play.

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by SRi Luke]
Sunz

6th Jun 08 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

[Edited on 06-06-2008 by Graham88]

My 80bg was £220 so maybe its unfair of me to judge between 40gb and 60gb.
I personally would not pay the extra as I dont use my ps3 enough.
I just thought if his going to be a hardcore user of the ps3 then the extra usb ports, card readers and 20gb would come in useful.

It was installing of a demo not downloading, it seemed very slow compaired to my ps3.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll