corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Fifa 2011

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fifa 2011
Cavey

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other thread for evo!
Fro

16th Sep 10 at 08:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be up for a league again if it actually goes somewhere this time?

Played it last night and it does feel quite good, i need to work on my through passes and crossing though, maybe takes the assistance down a bit too.

Love the way they drop when you slide

And being a keeper is quite interesting too
DC90

16th Sep 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Felt a bit weird playing 11 but can tell its going to be a bloody good game!
LukeS

16th Sep 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can only play this in the arena for some gay reason, got to be the keeper though, its facking hard, seems good from what i played
p

16th Sep 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the fuck do you score pens. Even the computer can't score them
Raymond_11

17th Sep 10 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be up for a league aswell. had a play with the demo. think it will take a wee bit of getting used to but should be a good game
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
How the fuck do you score pens. Even the computer can't score them

gotta press O to try and stop the moving slider in the green, and hold it for how much power you want. start off low first.

As he's running up hold L3 in the direction you want, too little and it will be more centre too much and you will miss.

Keep practising and you'll get it
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kept smashing the post and crossbar with RVP from outside the area this morning. Got one in the top corner though
LukeS

17th Sep 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just practice in the arena, doesnt matter if you miss then
Ojc

17th Sep 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THe fuck have they done to this

It's so slow and lethargic and the passing is fucking horrendous, I can't get a nice passing move flowing as it's so slow.

And the penalties, talk about fuck up what was a basic concept into something atrocious.
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they have tried to make it more technical and i think it's better for it.

Fifa 10 the passes would go where you want everytime even if you aimed off.

but in 11 if your aim is wrong then your pass will be, more realistic imo.
Eck
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its eliminated ping pong passing im all for it!
LukeS

17th Sep 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and this means no ping pong passing online, hopefully
LukeS

17th Sep 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck you eck
Eck
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah upset that I have to start ranked shit again though. Wasn't getting much people to play in the high levels so started again, 29-0-0 with an average of 5 goals compared to the 4 shots I took
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck you tore me apart every single time
Eck
Premium Member

17th Sep 10 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Until you learned from the mistakes when you sorted out horrendously ill timed tackles and dodgey keeping you did well
Fro

17th Sep 10 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have to put some hours in to try and beat you when this league starts
Ojc

17th Sep 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ping pong passing

Yes I suppose looking at it like that its good
Eck
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pens are identical to WC, ie; a piece of piss. Hit the shoot button when the marker is in the middle, power up as much as you want, release that THEN hold your side for a second or two. If you hold the side from the second you're powering up, it'll be flying miles over.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had four pen shootouts, and missed two pens out of the lot. It really is easy once you get used to NOT picking a side while powering up.
Ojc

18th Sep 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't score goals in this, fucking well difficult blud.
JonnyJ

18th Sep 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I've had four pen shootouts, and missed two pens out of the lot. It really is easy once you get used to NOT picking a side while powering up.

Aye it is. I missed my first 4 (bearing in mind i havent played a FIFA game since 09 so hadn't come across this way of taking thwm yet) but i soon worked it out and i really like it, much better than just picking a side and pressing shoot. The AI seems to be shit at them though I've won the last 10 in a row!
Eck
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The AI is pish at them Ollie, that's surprising. Tbh, hit a few long rangers. They seem to fly in. My good and bad points so far:

Good:

The build up is brilliant. Go Arsenal, and just pass the ball back and forward until a gap is created, it's tremendous. It makes it FAR better for the teams that aren't full of fast, powerful players. That isn't to say you can't take the ball with Drogba and smash the fuck out of it and score a screamer, which is also good.

The passing itself...Great. If you look closely when you pass to someone, you'll see a wee marker to where the perfect pass would be. It helps you to then begin to make great passes more often. Now I'm pinging everything, everywhere, near on perfect. The long balls are driven now instead of floated, which is also fantastic.

The shooting, is good (but I have a bad for it too) as it's not just a pop shot that flies from anywhere, from any angle now. You actually need SPACE to hit it as he takes a run up.

The tackling is also great. Players without the ability make the most horrendous tackles I have ever seen Scholes will be hilarious. Players who CAN tackle though, can come in from the side and make a last ditch effort whereas before, anyone who slid in who wasn't directly facing on to them, would get booked or sent off.

The specialities are great too. Puyol does genuinely predict play, Khadira runs non stop (he has the Engine speciality) and it just seems to be quite cool.

Heading from corners and crosses actually hit the target It always infuriated me that when a Corner came in, one in three thousand headers hit the target. Now it's a joy to bomb up the line and throw a cross at the big man. It actually makes the game more realistic as that's all some teams have!!

Bad points!

Shooting... I know, it is good some times, but a player like messi who is through on goal with the keeper coming would normally make a quick stab past the keeper. If you aren't facing EXACTLY the right way now, he'll take that big ass run up and try to bang it.

Keepers... are SHIT. They save nothing it seems Long range pile drivers go sailing past (some ARE unsaveable), and close range ones have them flailing. Headers ALWAYS beat them too

Standing tackles are quite shit too. You honestly cannot get the ball from someone unless they are running directly at you. Big defenders can normally throw a leg around and bully off the ball, not now

Can't remember any others just now tbh, but I'm sure there are other quality or shit things I'll remember when I'm next on!

[Edited on 18-09-2010 by Eck]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

downloading now

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll