corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » flashed sky

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author flashed sky
LeeM

User status: Offline
4th Jan 14 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1986
quote:
Originally posted by fred7
If your paying £70+ on a sky deal without sports u r been robbed. £33 for movies sports the lot off dan. And its £140 for a shit box then a monthly sub of around £8 (in most cases) as many have said its not a plug and play sort of thing can be very complicated.

The price I put up with that is for the unlimited broadband and phone included

Also it's a one off payment that lasts 24 month and then 40 a year after that

i get everything you can get off sky for £39 a month (line rental, unlimited net, sport and movies). just ring and blag it. worth the extra for on demand and catchup, and a decent menu system, series link etc.
DaveyLC

4th Jan 14 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1986
yeah sure they did, never mind thought I may get a few replies but obv not

Ironically enough a local nearly ended up doing some time for cloning Virgin Broad-band and re-streaming licensed footie matches..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2268348/freelivefooty-Gary-Goodger-spared-jail-illegally-streaming-Premier-League-football-matches.html

[Edited on 04-01-2014 by DaveyLC]
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jan 14 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
i get everything you can get off sky for £39 a month (line rental, unlimited net, sport and movies). just ring and blag it. worth the extra for on demand and catchup, and a decent menu system, series link etc.

Suppose it depends on your needs as an individual and what you'd want. Catch up, series link, etc. is no use to me. You can pay less than you pay a month for an entire year. Your price doesn't include the PPV at £14.99 a time either. I know you're getting phone/BB too mind.

I understand it's not for everyone, particularly people who are used to a nice EPG, but if you're tight it's a winner for sure. You really can't argue with the price difference for the sake of an EPG. Don't forget you can have an EPG if you lay out more for a better box also.

This has been talked about many times over in the spiderbox thread anyway

[Edited on 04-01-2014 by Brett]
LeeM

4th Jan 14 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£140 over a year, £12 a month, line rental and internet £20 on top and its not that much more to have hassle free connection you know you're not going to lose
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jan 14 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it's already been said you can get it for £25/yr? Most people don't get the deal you're getting either, lets be honest. You completely ignored the PPV bit too. Some of us don't like being tied into contracts either.

People need to stop the 'might lose' bit too really, it's been going for ages. If it stops, fair do's, others have saved whilst others haven't.

Same channels, same picture, one's massively cheaper.

Like I said, different strokes.. You're happy, I'm happy, that's all that matters

[Edited on 05-01-2014 by Brett]
Rob_Quads

5th Jan 14 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett

Same channels, same picture, one's massively cheaper.

Just one is hugely easier to use than the other - this can be a huge factor for many, specially if there is a SHWMO
Brett
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In what regard Rob? I do think that re-tuning channels probably isn't for everyone tho. However, on these boxes you can rearrange channels as you wish, where as far as I know on Sky you can't.

Rob_Quads

5th Jan 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO The usability on these boxes are no where near that of the Sky or Virgin box.

The more expensive boxes are much closer but your then having to spend £300+ on them but even them I don't think can compete for usability.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, you get your channel list, now and next and that's about it, fairly straight forward to use, but lack the functionality that Sky does certainly. This is why I said it depends on the individual, but paying 500%+ more a month just isn't worth an EPG and some features I wouldn't use.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll