corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Watchdogs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Watchdogs
nathy_87

User status: Offline
10th Jun 14 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Game is good, graphics could be better and the driving side of things could improve a lot. It's like an old arcade game.
tom130691
Premium Member

12th Jun 14 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Game is good, graphics could be better and the driving side of things could improve a lot. It's like an old arcade game.

what console? seems variation between them
Balling
Premium Member

12th Jun 14 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graphics could be better on every single platform.

Perhaps not on the old gen consoles. On these performance is the bigger issue.

Balling
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hidden graphics settings found in the PC version.
http://imgur.com/a/QCmYD

Mod can be found here, if any of the master race crew wants to give it a go.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

nathy_87

17th Jun 14 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:

what console? seems variation between them

XBOX 360, i'm not saying they are fantastic as preveiwed on the adverts but good enough similar to GTA V I'd say.
alan-g-w

18th Jun 14 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This game is total pish, I don't know how it's avoided being absolutely slated. I'm not a geek about games but I enjoy a fuck about every now and then.

My mate first showed me a trailer for this a couple of months ago on YouTube and I thought it looked brilliant, it was showcasing the online multilayer 'hacker/ chaser' gameplay. It looked as good as GTA5, which is always going to be the benchmark for game of this genre.

My same mate then got it for PS4 and, fuck me, it's absolutely terrible. Genuinely not trying to be melodramatic here or anything but I honestly thought it was closer to The Getaway on PS2 than GTA5 on x360 which is what I'm used to. The graphics are nothing short of lazy, the cars are absolutely shite looking in general (look like the background cars from Burnout on Gamecube) the handling is far, far too arcadey - it's like you're on rails. Nearly everything you're able to destroy by driving through collapses at the slightest touch. I purposely drove slowly up to a bus stop or phone box or something like that, at walking pace and tried to nudge the object the same way you can do in GTA5. It collapsed in a heap with some shards actually going through the bonnet of the car I was in. Talking about the bugs, I played it for about 5mins and managed to glitch it three times where I drove through cars rather than crashed into them, as I should have. The environments are uninspired shite and the textures are appalling.

The whole game seems like it's been carried out purely for financial gain. I realise money making is important but it's honestly as if they've tricked people into getting it - the trailers made it seems like it was going to be on a par with GTA, as if they'd spent more time on them than the game. Because of this it seems as if everyone's bought the game on false pretences - it's as if Ubisoft have saved cash from not doing the development the trailers would have had you believe they've done. My friends and I sat and played through GTA 5 for weeks, I had one shot of Watchdogs for the 5mons I said about and never played it again. I actually didn't enjoy one single thing about it. I know no one cares but I would genuinely give it 1/10 with absolute seriousness.

[Edited on 18-06-2014 by alan-g-w]
A1EX

18th Jun 14 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you didnt enjoy it then?
alan-g-w

18th Jun 14 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know why you're taking the piss when you're apparently looking for views. If you disagree, how about telling me why instead of acting like a fanny?
A1EX

18th Jun 14 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not taking the piss nor acting like a "fanny" i appreciate your view on the game
alan-g-w

18th Jun 14 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok... just that anyone in their right mind would have thought you were being sarky there, seeing as I would say it was blatantly obvious I didn't like it. Fair enough though.
A1EX

18th Jun 14 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it was sarcastic, but in a light hearted manner, meant no dis-respect
Neo

20th Jun 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just played for about 3 hours at a mates. Ps4 version

Graphically I'm not impressed, lack of real reflection, loads of glitches (example at night when the police are shining torches, if they are in the shot their lights show, if you turn the camera away but where the light would be shining it goes away, can rock back and forth like an on off switch).

Driving physics I found to be not too bad, the responsiveness of the sports cars was a let down however, and not enough variance between a 4x4 and a saloon. Still not as arcadey as I expected.

Inability to shoot and drive was annoying on some mission s. Kept finding myself stuck to walls and struggled to get away.

The mini games were a nice addition. I played 2, one that is essentially ghost in the shell in a city, the other where you have to run over people who's heads are on fire and upgrade your car. In about 6 attempts we managed to completely upgrade the car and it was getting very repetitive. Nice to get away from the main game but not essential.

Overall thought is there is way to much going on. Driving down the road you glimpse something you could have hacked, then crash whilst trying to work out what to do. Hacking cameras and accidentally blowing something up rather than jumping to a different camera.

Will buy it if I see one cheap, but won't go out my way - almost Every comment started with "in gta...." And I think that's got to be the benchmark for developers going forward.
nathy_87

21st Jun 14 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Inability to shoot and drive was annoying on some mission s. Kept finding myself stuck to walls and struggled to get away.

Hence why you can hack bollard/bridges etc.
sc0ott

21st Jun 14 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Games like this will always be compared against gta unfortunately.
Neo

21st Jun 14 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Hence why you can hack bollard/bridges etc.

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I meant when on foot you press x to hide, the obvious way to get away was to press x but that just ran to another wall close by, couldn't just walk away or aim of anything. With loads of things going on it just got frustrating.
Balling
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, for some reason this is never explained in the game, but you press O to get out of cover. This frustrated me mightily in the beginning.

Balling
Premium Member

21st Jun 14 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I think Nathy was referring to your comment about shooting and driving. I agree with him, I think it was left out intentionally to make you use the environment.

Makes sense as well, Aiden uses his phone all the time, so couldn't very well hold phone, gun and steering wheel at the same time.

[Edited on 21-06-2014 by Balling]

Neo

21st Jun 14 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fair enough, however the brief hands on I had was not long enough to get used to the difference in driving styles. It's probably something I could get used to but wasn't obvious. If I had played the game from the beginning I'd probably be more used to the hacking dynamics.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll