corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Galaxy S3 people

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Galaxy S3 people
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
1st Nov 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone got a software update to do?

Mine is doing it at the moment, got the little green andriod man with a spiders web in his belly on the screen and its taking a while, about an hour so far
Nath

1st Nov 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Does anybody else struggle texting on this? Thought it was just not being used to the bigger screen but had it a while now and still having to retype 90% of the words every time I try and type anything.

Can't quite put my finger on why that is, whether the letters are too close together, the keyboard not being as accurate, the predictive text being rubbish...really not sure but its bloody frustrating.

[Edited on 31-10-2012 by A2H GO]

Same with my Nexus. Winds me up
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's probs jelly bean 3cm
3CorsaMeal

1st Nov 12 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4.1.1 it says.

not a flavour i've come across
Steve
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep jb
Russ

1st Nov 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there no auto correct?
A2H GO

1st Nov 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Does anybody else struggle texting on this? Thought it was just not being used to the bigger screen but had it a while now and still having to retype 90% of the words every time I try and type anything.

Can't quite put my finger on why that is, whether the letters are too close together, the keyboard not being as accurate, the predictive text being rubbish...really not sure but its bloody frustrating.

[Edited on 31-10-2012 by A2H GO]

Same with my Nexus. Winds me up

Glad it's not just me being a retard

Seems to be better with all assistance turned off, predictive text, everything.
Nath

1st Nov 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me feel dyslexic!
Dom

1st Nov 12 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should give some of the different keyboards ago like Swype, Keymonk, Swiftkey or TouchPal; might find something you like.
A2H GO

2nd Nov 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried iPhone keyboard and whilst it was better the pixelated keys bugged me too much.

Might give swype a go.

Only discovered Tasker last night, this is the sort of cool stuff that gives Android a massive advantage over iOS.
John

2nd Nov 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use locale, was brilliant, bit easier to set up than tasker.
A2H GO

2nd Nov 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes seen that locale, looks much more user friendly with its ICS theme etc but wasn't sure if it was as powerful.

Still yet to see if it saves more battery than it uses
John

2nd Nov 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

locale isn't as powerful, taskers seems to let you do just about anything you could think of.
Rich H

2nd Nov 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Contract is up for renewal in 2 weeks on my BB Torch (finally!)

Been trying to decide between this and the iPhone 5 - I think after reading this thread and after playing on a mates iPhone 5 I'll be getting the Galaxy S3 tbh!
John

2nd Nov 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember the Nexus 4 is out for really cheap in 2 weeks.
A2H GO

6th Nov 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i'm going to stick with the S3 over the Nexus if I havent gone back iPhone by then. The typing thing is starting to piss me off, only usable with predictive text off but then when you make a genuine mistake you still have to go back and correct yourself.

After a month of hardcore use Id say im in a pretty good position to give an opinion. If you want a phone that can do a million things but none of them particularly well get an android phone, if you want a phone thats limited but does the few things it can do perfectly, get an iphone.

I definitely miss more things from iOS than ive gained with Android because although I can now do pretty much anything I want, as it turns out I dont do anything I didnt do on the iphone so all the extra stuff running on this that I never use is just wasted space and time constantly trying to find your way around the OS.

How do I even turn emoticons on?

John

6th Nov 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least you can have a proper view on it now and not just what you've read on the internet.
A2H GO

6th Nov 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess, it pains me because I do like it but for what I personally use a phone for, email, twitter, browsing, facebook, texting, playing the odd game, writing notes and other straight forward tasks its just not as good, its as simple as that.

Someone else might come along who uses it to watch films, transfer files to their server, automates everything, controls their PC from work, want to access the filesystem, likes to customise everything, etc for them I can see how the S3 would be a much better phone, I used to be that person a few years back but now I both dont have the time or the interest and am quite happy to settle for an easy life
John

6th Nov 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like doing all that stuff but as I get older and have less time I'm going more towards the wanting everything to work side.

Will be Android for a while though unless the 5S has something amazing in 6 months time when they want another cash cow.
John

6th Nov 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking, if the S3 was actually a Nexus 4 (will be just about the same for this purpose) and you had just got it brand new for £240.

Would you still consider going back to an iPhone, considering the hardware specs of the Nexus are at least equal, if not better, but it's £300 cheaper?
Rich H

6th Nov 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another reason why I've decided against the iPhone is down to only being able to sync it using iTunes - a programme that when used on Windows I despise (even when I'm just updating my iPod!)

In terms of useage, having come from a Blackberry, I'm pretty much looking for a phone for the same purposes as you are A2H, but having used my g/f's HTC Desire S and a couple of mates iPhones, I just prefer Android!

I was set on an S3 until John made me aware of the Nexus. now I'm almost definitely going to get this soon after launch unless I read a few bad reviews somewhere for it!
A2H GO

6th Nov 12 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think price does play a big factor, it's mainly the reason I got the S3 in the first place(along with making some money on the 5) but I find once you've bought the phone the money is quickly forgotten about and it soon comes down to what it's like to use on a daily basis. At first I was happy to live with any short comings as a result of being £200 better off but I spent that spare money (on god knows what) and am left with a phone that bugs the hell out of me everyday.

[Edited on 06-11-2012 by A2H GO]
John

6th Nov 12 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still love it. Wouldn't be swapping until next year if that nexus wasn't so alluring.
A2H GO

6th Nov 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich, if you like Android you can't go far wrong with the S3 and I'm sure the Nexus would be even better.

Worth adding in that even coming from iPhone, apart from the cheap, poorly placed volume/sleep buttons I have no issues with the hardware, bigger screen is very nice(never really do get fully used to it, always feels slightly awkward but worth it), notification light is great(would be nice to have more control over it), home button feels nicer than the iPhone, nice and thin and really like how the screen curves into to bezel on the edges, in fact the hardwares probably better than the software.

I can't really say I had a need to use iTunes since ios5 came out last year.

[Edited on 06-11-2012 by A2H GO]
AndyKent

7th Nov 12 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having got fully used to android I could never go back to iOS on a phone now.

Pisses me off how limited the software is on my iPad for things as simple as downloading documents or sharing photos/other files.

Add to the fact that despite there being loads of apps, the constant updates aren't automatic, and as my hardware is ageing less and less stuff works as fast as it used to.

Overall andriod has a massive lead for me still.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll