corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Official iPhone 4 Thread

New Poll
  <<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official iPhone 4 Thread
A2H GO

User status: Offline
4th Jul 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
I hope they put a hardware fix in on the next deliverys, making sure its outside the 14 day returns period with no recall

grow a brain....

I was being sarcastic. Although I can't help but get the feeling your starting to feel sore from being bum raped by apple. First you paid over the odds for and iPad and now you've rushed to buy a phone with no signal.
ed

5th Jul 10 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a few people with them and they have absolutely no issues with them at all...
Rob_Quads

5th Jul 10 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know people who can get it to happen but I don't know anyone who has had a problem getting or making a call.

[Edited on 05-07-2010 by Rob_Quads]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a dream last night, for some reason this new iPhone was in it only thing is it was a piece of shit with a dot matrix screen, maybe it wasnt a dream
Nath

5th Jul 10 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I know a few people with them and they have absolutely no issues with them at all...

Lies.
Bart

5th Jul 10 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I was being sarcastic. Although I can't help but get the feeling your starting to feel sore from being bum raped by apple. First you paid over the odds for and iPad and now you've rushed to buy a phone with no signal.

lol, I am not sore for paying £80 to import an iPad (I chose to import and not to wait), and my iphone has plenty of signal, doesnt cut out, and is a dam sight better than my previous 3GS
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed

Reading the articles all over the net explain why this is. Bar 5 on the reception range is about 50% of the scale, meaning if you live in a high signal area and you bridge antennae the reception drops from the top of bar 5 to the bottom of bar 5, giving the user the impression they are immune to the fault. Regardless, all iPhone 4's are affected.
Rob_Quads

5th Jul 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At home I am far from at 5 bars but I am still yet to drop a call. I can get it to drop down in bars by holding it so in thoery if a call comes in it should drop but it doesn't seem to be.

This is why lots of people think its not really a hardware problem.

Chrissy
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really couldn't give a shit about this tbh.

I'll be buying one for sure and if my calls do drop or I get dire 3G data signal then it'll be going back within 30 days and I'll have my money back. It's not like Apple are forcing you to buy their product. If you're miffed at the loss of signal reports.. then don't buy one.

I don't know of a single person over here yet that's had a dropped call on theirs.

>>>> Chris <<<<

A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
At home I am far from at 5 bars but I am still yet to drop a call. I can get it to drop down in bars by holding it so in thoery if a call comes in it should drop but it doesn't seem to be.

This is why lots of people think its not really a hardware problem.

Try loading a webpage and sticking your finger in the antennae gap see if it stops. This will proove its actually loss of reception rather than just a visual thing with the bars dropping.
K2 GTi

5th Jul 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine drops calls at the time.. atleast 3/4 calls a day will be dropped.. the signal is shite and you have to try about 4/5 times to get through to me!
Rob_Quads

5th Jul 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back then
Bart

5th Jul 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Try loading a webpage and sticking your finger in the antennae gap see if it stops. This will proove its actually loss of reception rather than just a visual thing with the bars dropping.

Is that how you actually operate the phone?
Why dont you try loading a webpage in a sink of water while your at it

I am right handed, hold mine in my right hand, use my thumb to operate and havent noticed a single dropped call or loss in signal.
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:

Is that how you actually operate the phone?
Why dont you try loading a webpage in a sink of water while your at it

I am right handed, hold mine in my right hand, use my thumb to operate and havent noticed a single dropped call or loss in signal.

I am left handed, my hand would cover the gap in its natural useage position.

I only pointed this out in response to the chap saying the bars drop but his calls don't.
ssj_kakarot

5th Jul 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant help but think if this was any other company people would be out for blood, but due to it being apple its all fine for some reason.
ed

5th Jul 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Reading the articles all over the net explain why this is. Bar 5 on the reception range is about 50% of the scale, meaning if you live in a high signal area and you bridge antennae the reception drops from the top of bar 5 to the bottom of bar 5, giving the user the impression they are immune to the fault. Regardless, all iPhone 4's are affected.
Exactly.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep its not acceptable but because people are so desperate to own apples new iphone they are willing to sacrifice anything, im betting people would still buy them if they didnt operate at all

[Edited on 05-07-2010 by Steve]
Nath

5th Jul 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
i cant help but think if this was any other company people would be out for blood, but due to it being apple its all fine for some reason.

Vice versa I find. If this was BB nobody would give a fuck, but people are desperate to shoot Apple down at any opportunity.
Dom

5th Jul 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot

Vice versa I find. If this was BB nobody would give a fuck, but people are desperate to shoot Apple down at any opportunity.

Yup!
Although Apple's response to the whole situation is complete bollocks! Most other manufacturers would be all over this trying to rectify the issues rather than brushing it off with bullshit solutions.

However i do like it when Apple has issues like this as it demostrates that Apple products are just like any other and they break too!
Nath

5th Jul 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Apple havent done themselves any favours.
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ed

Exactly.

Everyone knows the internet is FACT.
Marc

6th Jul 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still no stock
Xs

6th Jul 10 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where can I get a decent ringtone for this, the ones on it are gash! I just want a ring ring, telephone noise none of this poncy shit.
stubs

6th Jul 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's pleny of guides on the net about making your own ringtones.. just download one you like and stick it into itunes.
mantamark

6th Jul 10 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rights, my upgrade with 3 is due on sat.

I'm after an iphone, at the min i can get a 3gs for 29quid up front and 30quid a month, or, the iphone 4 is 190 up front and same monthly deal.

Thing is, they dont have any, and theres no release date for them.

Are they worth waiting for, or should i just get the 3gs?

Whats the difference between the two?

<<  39    40    41    42    43    44    45  >>

New Poll