corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » I've finally fitted me 6x9's, but ....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I've finally fitted me 6x9's, but ....
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Oct 03 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

..... have i wired them up the right way cos when i first wired them up the cone went down when moving, so i changed the wires round and they go up now, is that correct ????

Mase
scoob
Premium Member

31st Oct 03 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u can here music from them they are rite
Dom

31st Oct 03 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although if they are connected wrong, they will be out of phase and it sounds all buggered. Have a look at the manual to determin with is the pos and neg of the 6x9's

Dom
Mistamist

31st Oct 03 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do the connectors look like, usually (well everytime i have come across it) the wide connector is the positive and the thin connector is the negative.
Greasemonkey

31st Oct 03 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its simple try them one way then try them the other what ever sounds best is the right way, its the bass that is effected most by this so listen to the bass when the base improves you got it right
Mase
Premium Member

31st Oct 03 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i've got it right cos the bass sounded a little muffled the other way

Yeah i know the pos and neg lugs on the speakers, its just the wires in the car that i can't find out which way they go !!!

the colours of the wires are :
Brown/White and a white wire on the drivers side
Brown/green and a green wire on the pass side ??? any help ppl ??

i'm using it so that the brown/white or brown/green wire are negative ??? Am i right ??

Mase
mike_1.2LS96

31st Oct 03 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are right.

BTW when I installed my 6x9s in the boot I couldn't find any cable for rear speakers (none fitted), where do you find it? I installed my own wire along the door frame.
Mase
Premium Member

31st Oct 03 at 15:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took off the side panels to the boot and there was speakers already in there, so i cut the wire and extended it. this is on a 98 LS !!

Mase

New Poll