corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Halfords Ripspeed - Cock up, or good value???????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Halfords Ripspeed - Cock up, or good value???????
Bonus

User status: Offline
5th Nov 03 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone explain this too me!

I Badly curbed one of my alloys last week, because there High power silver, I knew it would be expensive to respray, so as well as quotes for respraying I looked into just buying a new alloy since the tyre was fine. Phoned a few places and a new alloy, (Team Dynamics Mirage HPS 16/195/45) was going to cost me about £105-£115.

Just buy chance i was in halfords for sumit else, and noticed that they sold the Mirage, so out of interest i went and asked the girl behind the counter for a price. She had a look on the system and told me that they only had price for the wheel with a tyre and that it was £165, just for the one wheel!!. I asked if they could do it with out tyre, she wasn’t sure, and went off to ask someone.

She came back and said she could get a price, but needed to ring the supplier. She phoned, and they told her the price just for the wheel was, £58 + Vat, (about 70 quid all in). She then sold me the wheel for 70 quid and i picked it up yesterday.

So whats going on?! I think shes sold it too me at the trade price! It cant be an extra £95 just for a cheap tyre!?

Speaking to a friend, he knows someone whos done the same. That means u can buy a set of 4 alloys for £280 without tyres where as they sell them with for £700!! Tyres only cost £55 quid where i get them from (yoko).

Anyone else found this with halfords?
Cybermonkey

5th Nov 03 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a wicked loophole if it works! If i werent emmigrating, i would be down to Halfords sharpish!
Cybermonkey

5th Nov 03 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bonus, post this up in general chat
Bonus

5th Nov 03 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok - moving to General Chat.
Adam-D

5th Nov 03 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beast u jus stuffed halfords