corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ???how do u replace the clutch cable???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ???how do u replace the clutch cable???
Geeza10328

User status: Offline
14th Dec 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon and ave bin told that its quite likely my clutch cable is suffering severe stretch and could possibly be fraying and about to snap completely.

In which case I need to change it. now I've bin told that replacing it on a 1.4 16v or 1.6 is a bastard cos u can't get to it in the engine bay. But on a 1.2 16v which I have its a lot easier. Now I've also bin told it comes in two parts. Because both the main ends of the cable have fittings on them to attach to the pedal and to the clutch lever in the engine bay, the actual break in the cable where u ave to join is sum way in between about half way.

Now what I need to know is how do u attach it together and how do u fit it? Can u thread it though the holes that u can see from either end and then where will they meet and how do I get to the point where they join and how do I join them up?

any help is really needed thanx

also any idea how much it shud cost for a new cable. cos I got a feelin if I ain't able to do it myself the garage is gonna charge me highly for doin it.

cheers

matt

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Geeza10328]

New Poll