corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Front Arches Catching.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Front Arches Catching.....
Jgrant1285

User status: Offline
   20th Apr 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a small problem with my W reg Corsa B. It has 16" alloys with 195/45/16 tyres, i bought it as salvage, and it had very light damge (So light that its not on the list). It has 30mm Gmax springs and shocks on the back, and i imagine that the lowering springs on the front were also 30mm, but the front has standard shocks. So i replaced these with the Gmax struts. Now me and my dad drove the car to get it MOT'd at my dads mates garage, and going into the entrance of the garage there is a small bump. The right-hand front wheel caught the arch and it didn't sound healthy, ive checked for damage, and there is none. Why are they catching if its only been lowered 30mm? And its there any bumpstops or things that you can put in between the gaps in the springs to stop this?? Thanks alot...
TOMAS

20th Apr 04 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Springs maybe VERY soft? Do you currently have bumpstops fitted on the dampers?
Jgrant1285

20th Apr 04 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
Springs maybe VERY soft? Do you currently have bumpstops fitted on the dampers?

I havn't added any extra rubbers or anything, i just straight swopped the struts and changed all the rubber mountings over etc....Are there bumpstops which you can buy for the front shocks? And where can i get em?Thanks...
corsa starter

20th Apr 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got dropped 60 on 16's and no probs at front get some 40 profile tyres mate
TOMAS

25th Apr 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You NEED bumpstops in the front! What happended to the original yellow ones off the front of your old dampers?
Davido

25th Apr 04 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if ur dad works at a aggarge why not get him to sort it out for u?

New Poll