corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » whats that strange noise???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats that strange noise???
slicker_than_ur_average

User status: Offline
20th May 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was starting my car up this morning and when i got the car into biting point, i could feel like summat was holding my car back, i put the handbrake down and i had to give the accelerator a bit of force as it felt like something was holding it back. as my car moved forward, i heard a loud bang which sounded like a balloon bursting, this nosie came from the back of my car near the tyre so i got out and had a look coz i thought a nail mite have got into my tyre but there was nothing there

this same noise happened bout 2 weeks ago as well and i didnt notice anything then either but the car runs perfect (touch wood)........

anyone know wot this strange noise could be......
--Dave--
Banned

20th May 04 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe you ran over a balloon....

slicker_than_ur_average

20th May 04 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no there was no balloons there, although there were a few little stones but i dont think stones make such a loud noise
--Dave--
Banned

20th May 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe one flicked up onto the underside of the car? dunno!
CorsAsh

20th May 04 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have any people who don't like you round where you live? Sometimes up north, ppl would put things, potatoes, expanding foam etc up exhaust pipes of their enemies, this means back pressure builds up, car either splutters and dies or the object gets shot out with a bang...
slicker_than_ur_average

20th May 04 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i didnt see anything shoot out of my exahaust but i had my car washed yesterday and maybe some foam may have gone up it and when it happened 2 weeks ago, i had my car washed the previous day and it did it the following day.

will it make the noise if the shampoo foam thingy goes up my exhaust???

[Edited on 20-05-2004 by slicker_than_ur_average]
Siberia

20th May 04 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
maybe you ran over a balloon....

i found that funny
Black Corsa SRi

20th May 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by slicker_than_ur_average
i was starting my car up this morning and when i got the car into biting point, i could feel like summat was holding my car back, i put the handbrake down and i had to give the accelerator a bit of force as it felt like something was holding it back. as my car moved forward, i heard a loud bang which sounded like a balloon bursting, this nosie came from the back of my car near the tyre so i got out and had a look coz i thought a nail mite have got into my tyre but there was nothing there

this same noise happened bout 2 weeks ago as well and i didnt notice anything then either but the car runs perfect (touch wood)........

anyone know wot this strange noise could be......

it sounds to me like your handbrake is sticking on a bit. Mine used to do it too, and you givin the accelerator 'a bit of force' is freeing it maybe the mechansim needs a bit of attention to free it up a bit
ainsley_brader

20th May 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup handbrake sticking very common just live with it!

New Poll