corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa questions/annoyances

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa questions/annoyances
jonathanbrook

User status: Offline
30th Jun 04 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few small questions that didnt warrant a post on their own!

1) How long does it take you to refuel? I think I have an airlock or something cos the pump clicks constantly if i put the nozzle right into the hole unless its going in at about 1 litre every half hour. I have to resort to holding the nozzle outside the car and using about 'half pace' on the pump. Refueling a full tank takes about 5-7mins but believe me this is the quickest way - no matter what petrol station or what angle i put the nozzle in, that is the fastest possible!

2) Is it common for the underside of the bonnet to rust? I have a 98 R and at the front of the bonnet the underside is quite badly bobbling with corrosion. Do I have 6 years corrosion cover? Although now its 6 years, 6 months... What can I do about it?

3) My car needs a really good polish as Flame Red quickly becomes baby pink. Ive been using AutoGlym stuff. One problem with it is that when it gets into contact with any rubber seals the dye comes out of the rubber and smears black all over the paint. So you cant really give it some elbow grease around the edges. Can anyone recommend anything that doesnt react with the rubber seals and is therefore easier to use?

4) My car misfires when its wet. I get code 19 and 64 on the ECU. 19 is crank angle sensor and I think 64 (DIS voltage) is a consequence of 19. Is it possible for the CAS to get affected by damp? Would temporarily placing it in a bag (cos its only a magnet yeah?) and sealing it with a cable tie help me work out if that is the problem? Or would you not recommend that?

Cheers for any help given
greengoddess

30th Jun 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. You could have a blocked breather pipe on the tank.
2. You could always buy a new one & get it resprayed , wont cost the earth.I always clean the underside of bonnet as it gets all the crap that
gets thrown up off & makes it look better when you sell the car!.
3. Dont polish near the seals or take more care.
cant help with no 4, sorry.

i use Meguires car polish, better than autoglym but pricey, and also lasts longer and has a brilliant shine to it!
scott b

30th Jun 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when re-fueling only put the nozzel 90% of the way into the neck and try that, the nissan micras have the same problems
jonathanbrook

2nd Jul 04 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else? Is the breather hose documented in the Haynes manual?
James_DT

2nd Jul 04 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put masking tape over the rubber bits, if I'm polishing the car properly. Elbow grease right upto the edge, then .
Corsa^Dan

3rd Jul 04 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check u aint psuhed the flap inside where the nozzel goes, i had this happen too me

New Poll