corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How anoying!! my corsa sri 1995.. passanger wingmirror flaps at high speed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How anoying!! my corsa sri 1995.. passanger wingmirror flaps at high speed
RAD_SRI

User status: Offline
30th Jul 04 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any1 know how to solve it.. their is a bit of play in the wing mirror but on the motorway its shaking about and i aint got a clue unless it's a bracket or something to tighten up! >??? please help!
1600power

30th Jul 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try to squeeze sum high adhesive like tiger seal into the wing mirror and hold it against the body for a while, then get some masking tape and strap it tightly to the body........

this shud seal it and make it nice and tight again, if this fails then u might have to buy another wing mirror!
barry_kellett99

30th Jul 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MIne too, thinking of replacing it. Have tried to use evo stick to hold it down, mine has a broken clip holding the main mirror body to the base plate, meaning only the back 2 are holding it on lol and the furthest foward one is making the lip of the front sit out about 5 mm from flush causing wind catching!!
tiptoptim

30th Jul 04 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did this to. I just replaced the mirror. For the price it cost me it was easier to just replace it.
Black Corsa SRi

30th Jul 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the glass in mine used to too i just used it as an excuse to buy some M3 mirors
Rebrabuk

30th Jul 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RAD_SRI
any1 know how to solve it.. their is a bit of play in the wing mirror but on the motorway its shaking about and i aint got a clue unless it's a bracket or something to tighten up! >??? please help!

If it is a manual mirror it is very easy to take apart - not sure about how electric mirrors are fitted together.

I would imagine your 95 model would be the same as my 94 Sri...

Pull the plastic 'plug' bit off the handle on the inside of the door.
Pull the plastic cover off from inside the door.
Unscrew the 3 bolts holding the mirror onto the door - but hold onto the mirror from the outside so that it doesn't fall onto the ground and break as you unbolt it.
Remove the rubber covering from the baseplate.
Unscrew the 2 screws that hold the mirror casing onto the baseplate - if these screws are loose, then thats probably your problem, if not, move onto next step.
Aswell as the 2 screws mentioned above, there is a plastic clip which looks like a wishbone sort of shape - check that this is connected correctly or perhaps it could be broken if the mirror has been snapped off in the past by a previous owner or perhaps you haven't got the clip at all.

My mirror got snapped off a few weeks ago and it broke one of the ends of the 'wishbone clip' off. I haven't replaced it as it seems to hold on pretty well with the broken 1 ended clip although there is a little bit of movement caused by it.

New Poll