corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub/amp running problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub/amp running problems
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Aug 04 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got my amp today wired it up and all is well but the fucking sub won't hardly move

someone has told me its something to do with treble, the sub is working but you cannot tell unless you are touching it as the bass can't be heard!

Is this to do with the treble?
How could it be fixed?

Set up is:
JVC head unit
12" Xplod sub
Alpine M350 amp

need some ideas as i don't know what to do its beyond me now!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
AdiSRI

27th Aug 04 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried adjusting the gain on the amp?

If its turned right down then the sub wont do a lot as the amp wont be putting out hardly any output.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Aug 04 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup gain was up, been to halfords today they tested the sub and that wks fine so its a problem with the amp or my wiring!

Connected the speaker wire upto my speaker and it wouldn't even move it so no wonder it won't move the amp!

Terminal wire is fine,
Earth is connected to rear seat folding mount
Pre out on head unit then to amp connected fine
Live on + battery terminal

Halfords told me cud be the head unit but they just wanna rip you off and make you buy a better one as another halfords store said it shouldn't matter!

more fiddling around tmoz i think hehe!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
NeilsC

28th Aug 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u tried changing the speaker cable arouns which goes from the amp to the subs, i have done this so many times, connected + to - hehe
Dom

28th Aug 04 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a multimeter and test the preouts on your HU (Pin on the preout is the + and the shielding is the - on each preout pair connector) and see what voltage it is pumping out Then match it against what your HU should produce on the preouts, this will tell you whether you HU preouts are buggered.
Also remember, that the preouts are volume controlled, so make sure you have your HU up to a nice volume before testing

If your preouts are ok mate, i would see if you can borrow another amp to test your setup Or measure the wattage output on the speaker terminals.

Also, it doesnt matter what way you connect the sub to the amp, as its AC voltage. Just make sure that if you have another amp and sub. that you wire it the same, otherwise you will end up with phasing and its sound very odd
infinitycorsa

28th Aug 04 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u flicked the filters over on the amp???

Are u running it stereo? or wired worng from amp?

Perhaps if u did a quick paint shop how u have set it up we could help u
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Aug 04 at 23:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it sorted now, had a gud fiddle about tnite and it started moving so turned the gain up a bit more and off we went!

Don't know what was up but it wks so im happy,

Cheers for all the help guys!

New Poll