corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » is it worth tuning?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is it worth tuning?
evansy

User status: Offline
27th Oct 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've been driving around my 1.4 8v (its an flair/ls not an 8v sri)standard for 6 months now and i'm feeling the need for something faster i was just wondering if it'd be worth tuning the engine or just waiting till i get my ncb up and go out and get a 1.6 16v gsi/sport and can anyone tell me if powerflex bushes would be worth getting as my standard ones have worn on the back right and its making a sort of squeek when that corner gets some weight on it and one last question are g-max sports kits worth getting?
thanks for any advice you can give

--------------------
Adam_B

27th Oct 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save ur cash
J da Silva

27th Oct 04 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Save for a 1600cc'er mate.
topshot_2k
Banned

28th Oct 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GMAX are good mate i got the full kit for 200quid and its a good buy, not as good as FK etc but the handle well and lowered mine bout -45mm
evansy

28th Oct 04 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about the poly bushes are they worth it as the prices i've been quoted to fix jus the back corner isnt far of the price of a full set of them
ed

28th Oct 04 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They aren't worth getting because you won't get any gain from them due to you having standard suspension. Just go for GM parts, leave the car standard and well maintained while you get the cash to buy a better spec'd model because you will only loose money fi you start to modify...
Korsa

28th Oct 04 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask j1400 on here, hes got the 1.4 engine in his nova.... and it's fast as fcuk!
evansy

28th Oct 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know where to get gm parts from as i was told earlyer that changing the bushes isnt too hard asi'm not paying a garage £75 just to change the back right and even if its not that easy my neighbours was a mechanic untill he retired a few months ago.
i dont think that j1400 has the same engine as me hes proably got a nova sri or something (dont know which nova has a 1.4)
James_DT

28th Oct 04 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GM parts from a Vauxhall garage.

New Poll