corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » damn scrubbing!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author damn scrubbing!
--Dave--
Banned

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 04 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my arches back last night and took 4 of my mates to football, the rear wheels scrubbed but it wasn't constant (only on little bumps and things but was still very annoying and will eventually damage something).

Wheels are Masitaly VT7s 17" ET40 and I'm lowered 30mm (though i think it's slightly more) with Irmscher shocks and springs.

Whats the best way to go about sorting this?

I'd feel confident about taking the arches off and bonding them on I guess , that way i can remove the bolts.

- Would I need to cut the metal too?
- what should I use to bond the arches on? Tigerseal?
- How long do i have to wait until it's cured properly?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated
Red_SXi

23rd Nov 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd locate what its rubbing on first, mine rubbed ever so slightly on the bottom of the bumper (i had an irmscher bit too, so i thought it was because of that)
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Nov 04 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok.

Worst case scenario is if it's rubbing on the actual arch (not the cover the actual metal).

Could put the dremel to good use
Red_SXi

23rd Nov 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do, make sure that you tigerseal over the rough metal edge as it will start to rust.

TBH i doubt its rubbing on the metal arch, because when there is no plastic arch on there the metal arch doesn't even lip inwards, its just flat.

I would be inclined to trim the inside of the plastic arch away, the trouble with that though is because they've been painted, and now going to be trimmed the painted edge could start to peel away, its best to trim things like that and then paint them
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Nov 04 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok. Thanks for the info. Going to get people to sit in the car and then see what's touching what, then i'll have a better idea of what to do.

Think i'll still need to de-bolt the arches though. If it still catches then i can just peel em off and have a go at spraying them myself.
Red_SXi

23rd Nov 04 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh get some people to sit in the back, and on the edge of the boot too. See what its actually hitting.

If you do have to trim them, spraying just the insides is an easy little job
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Nov 04 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have though the front wheels would have the same problem but they don't, very strange.

New Poll