corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » inlet air/fuel leak? help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author inlet air/fuel leak? help!
Will94

User status: Offline
18th Mar 05 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite, recently changed my inlet manifold since the old one had cracked (long story)... needless to say i used a new manifold gasket on refitting. However, after runnin the engine for 10 mins jus now i checked under the bonnet and there were patches on the gasket around one or two of the manifold branches that looked like they were damp/wet... rest looked dry as a bone. Does this mean the gasket aint sealing it properly?
carnoisseurcraig

18th Mar 05 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you clean both mating surfaces.. all signs of old gasket cleared...
Will94

18th Mar 05 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the block was practically spotless, gasket came off there in one peice... was some shite left on the new manifold but cleaned that off so it was dead smooth. This could have been my mistake tho... cleaned it off with some very fine grade wet & dry, 800 grit used wet with soapy water and a wooden sanding block, did very light pressure tho and didnt concentrate on any particular area... tried to keep it even if u c wot i mean. it didnt take much to get off the crap so i wouldnt have thought i'd have taken off much if any metal???
Will94

18th Mar 05 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did jus check the nuts when engine was warm... managed to crank em round between 1/8 and 1/16 of a turn on most of em, guess with it getting hot etc they came a lil bit loose? anyone know how tight they should be?
p16vlv

18th Mar 05 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check haynes manual its good for something but dont forget to disconnect battery lol
Will94

19th Mar 05 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah maybe thats why its doing it! I got one but it didnt specify a torque setting nor say an order to tightening the studs... so i did it cross ways working from the middle outwards either side...

New Poll