corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » VIN plate help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VIN plate help!!
mjw_2k2

User status: Offline
30th Apr 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i purchased a k reg corsa from this scouser in conwy couple months back now, and i bought it in a hurry cos i needed it had no car 4 work, went 2 c it in the dark, when it came 2 paper work he could only find the back part of the v5 so i signed my bit and he said his wife has the other bit and hed sign it and send it off the day after so all was ok paid him only £500 he was askin and drove off, got home had a better look at it, noticed vin plate missing and both headlights cracked and glued back, and its obviously had a new bonnet and drivers wing, also had respray on that side except door? which could of been replaced?

2 months later no new v5 from dvla? how long does it take?
the guy i got it off has also changed his number? cant contact him
is there any way of getting a new VIN plate? what does it mean if i havent got one? is there any way of verifying the vehicle??
ainsley_brader

30th Apr 05 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a vin number in the drivers sill under the little flap.

Do you have the back part of the v5 still?

Ains
White_1.2

30th Apr 05 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could possibly mean someone out there missing a corsa and that towneys ripped you off sorry to say, there might be a serial number about or another vin plate location i'll check the locatons on mine for you as mines an L plate
mjw_2k2

30th Apr 05 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have all previous mots etc with vin number, and all i have of the v5 is the small green slip thing - new keepers supplement V5/2 W? what can i do with that? how can i tell that the car is legally ok?
White_1.2

30th Apr 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are 2 places the plate on the bulkhead next to the bonet catchthe other ones and a hidden one.
go into the drive side and just neer the sill theres a plastic flip up trapdoor about 10 inches or so wide, use a screwdriver to prize it open and just below the seat retentioners there should be a long number stamped on the bodywork thats your vin aswell, if thats been ground off its a hot car, check that with the vin you have on your mot's and also if in major doubt get the police to check the car for you.

[Edited on 30-04-2005 by White_1.2]
mjw_2k2

30th Apr 05 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant find mot cert now, i thought i had it but its till june 04, i got last 8 certificates tho + service history uptill last mot, so car must of been in crash after june 04, and i have no documents after this date to say wether its been written off etc what can i do?
mjw_2k2

30th Apr 05 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok just been and checked - i have 7 mot certificates matchin vin from 96 - 03

but from 03 - 04 vin number is differant on mot?

i have no 04 - 05 mot certificate

i have no v5

what do i do?
ainsley_brader

30th Apr 05 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you checked the vin number in the car by the drivers seat?

Dont ask for advice and then ignore it!
mjw_2k2

30th Apr 05 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YES its the same number as on the 7 mot certificates and service history from 96 - 03
White_1.2

30th Apr 05 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly a dodgy mot, might be that the orignal owner had kept all docs in the glovebox as some do, but im thinking its hot on worst case scenario.
as i say id ask the police or the aa to do a history check on it if you feel that your unsure of the vechicles history.

let this be a warning to some people buying cars do not accept a car if the logbook is incomplete and make sure you have the car looked over and history checked before you buy.

[Edited on 30-04-2005 by White_1.2]
mjw_2k2

30th Apr 05 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks mate

New Poll