corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » over idling...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author over idling...
Baz-Zico

User status: Offline
4th May 05 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive done a search and find lots of topics on this subject, just aint sure exactly what the prob is, maybe the oxygen sensor or the air flow sensor?

drivin home and the engine management light comes on, everytime im sittin at idle the revs sit at just under 2000 with makes it sound like im sittin revvin it, when i press the accelerator the jurks bfore gaining speed

cheers for your help ppl

[Edited on 04-05-2005 by TheScotsman]
simonp

5th May 05 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be a number of things. Drop the fault codes off. Should tell you what's playing up.
Will94

5th May 05 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree see what the ECU says is wrong... even tho i predict either ICV or coolant temp sensor. Most common thing to cause this kinda problem it seems! Unless its just an air leak?
topshot_2k
Banned

6th May 05 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine bugged me for months, found out it was a tiny air leak on under side of inlet manifold.
Baz-Zico

6th May 05 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, booked in for monday to get it plugged into the computer to find the fault

is it cool to drive the with engine management light on aslong as i dont go for a long peroid of time?
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th May 05 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its only over idling and nothing else i cant see it been a problem. Only thing that would happen would be the obvoius thing of increased fuel consumption

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

New Poll