corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car acting weird

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car acting weird
Johnyboy18

User status: Offline
15th Jul 05 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i start the car it struggles to start, and takes a while for the revs to get up, when they do, it revs a bar above the one and isnt consistent (keeps moving up and down) and does it for ages. Started doing it yesterday, it felt like it would stall very easily. I have an induction kit on the car, and yesterday the car run low on petrol - don't know if this would make my car do this. Any opinions on what is happening? thanks in advance people, John
fragpot

15th Jul 05 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the idle valve and the AFM as these can commonly lead to erattic idle problems when using an induction kit. It sounds like the car is misfiring, check the sparkplugs are all ok.
Paula Corsa

15th Jul 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be your idle control valve, but I would also check your hoses for any splits or tears. I had a similar problem and there was a split in the hose on my AFM.
Johnyboy18

15th Jul 05 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wheres the idle control valve, what do i do. also checked under the bonnet, there is a very small hole from the pipe which meets the induction kit. AFM? cheers for the help so far people
Paula Corsa

15th Jul 05 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Air Flow Meter.
Johnyboy18

15th Jul 05 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about the small hole on the pipe to the induction kit would that make a difference, also where the idle control valve please
Paula Corsa

15th Jul 05 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah a small hole could make a difference. Try putting a bit of gaffer tape round it, to see if that rectifies the problem. Idle conrtol valve is situated on the pipework, under the inlet manifold, I think.
Johnyboy18

15th Jul 05 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how easier a job is it change the sparkplugs, does sound like its misfiring also. its funny how its fine one day, and suddenly its runs rubbish. thanks for your help paula btw, much appreciated
Johnyboy18

15th Jul 05 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bttt, what can i do to resolve this problem?should i still drive my car around
Johnyboy18

15th Jul 05 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone
fragpot

15th Jul 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A hole in the airtrunk after the AFM can cause idle problems. I would check all round the black airtrunk and look out for any cracks and holes. Duck tape will fix should u find any.

Spark plugs are easy to check. unplug the DIS connector and remove the sparkplugs. No leads or anything to worry about, if you have a valver. Ideally what u want to do is run the car for a few mins while its running crap, turn it off and see if one of the sparkplugs is wet with fuel, meaning the chamber is not firing. Sometimes carbon builds up makes the spark so bad it cant ignight the fuel mix. Give the sparkplugs a good clean with a wire brush and check the gaps with a feeler gauge if your oldskool, or just guy 4 new plugs. Be very carefull when you put the plugs back in, its a strange feeling, its like loose then tight. Dont over torque them, if you thread the block your really fucked

Theres a number of other things it could be, vacum leak somewhere, fuel filter etc. so its pretty impossible to diagnose over the internet.

New Poll