corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » urgent help needed pleaseeeeeeee

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author urgent help needed pleaseeeeeeee
m1ke

User status: Offline
25th Dec 05 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright everyone, need help asap,
took air box off got brother to turn the car over looked and no fuel is comming out the injector, car hasent been starting, i put 10liters of fuel in so got plently of fuel, i took palstic off round the ignition barrel and saw what i think is the imob round were you put the key in, disconneted it, and still was turnin over put will not fire or cough etc, and the engine mamment light was flashin whilst i has keyturned,
please can some1 help i really need it sorted so i can get car back on the road, by way its a 1.4 8v p reg corsa
thanks
Mike
X 60RSA

25th Dec 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why did you take the air box off?

Is the Air flow meter connected back up if you've had the air box off?
Basscrazy

25th Dec 05 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest mate u seem to be having a load of problems spark plugs etc and this u wanna get a reliable mechanic to get it going and give it a good service it will do the wander of good mate
Siberia

25th Dec 05 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the eml light flashing is telling you the the imobby is active.... th chip in the key isnt close engought to the transponder ring or one of the units are broken...
m1ke

25th Dec 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took the air box off to see the fuel pump etc, then got bro to turn the key and no fuel was coming out and i just put 10liters in there all i can think is it must be the imob as i heard they are linked up to the fuel pump
please any1 got any ideas etc about how imob is wired up etc or anything or how i can disconnet it, took it to local garage they didnt have a clue what it is, ran fine about 2months ago, then took battery off to charge but forgot to turn alarm off as battery died and key fob woudlent work then connet alarm back up (cobra 3193) and it kept going off will not stop key fob wont work either got new battery in that etc, so i dissconet alarm wires from the control box, and car turns over but will not fire up,but the ecu light does nto flash when turnin key etc, so does any1 here no anything about cobra alrms etc and can help me help , long as ent that expensive, lol
thanks mike
please help asap
Basscrazy

25th Dec 05 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would get a car electrician he would have it all reset and sorted in under hlf an hour shouldnt think a decent one would cost more than 40 quid
banna

27th Dec 05 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does your car have air flow thingies on your intake?
m1ke

27th Dec 05 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you meen ?
pllusy

27th Dec 05 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by banna
does your car have air flow thingies on your intake?

wot your lookin for is a small black box on the hose between the air filter box and wot you took off to check for fuel. easy way to tell is it will have a wire with a multiplug on it if it does have an airflow meter.

as for the alarm/immobiliser simply disconecting it from the battery wont disable it, the car will still be immobilised. wot do you think would stop car thieves form doin this an nickin yer car if that was the case?
m1ke

27th Dec 05 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, so how shall i disable the imob then ? or fix it, dont think it has a air flow meter as got k&n induction kit so no air box were the air filter would go !!
any ideas?
pllusy

27th Dec 05 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only way to disable the immobiliser is to take it out the game altogether and put the car back to its origonal state. shouldnt be a problem to a half decent sparky. or if you need to keep the immobiliser for insurance then i dare say that any cobra alarm dealer/fitter should be able to sort you out
m1ke

28th Dec 05 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks alot pllusy now does anybody on here no how to remove a imob complety and get my car working, will pay petrol money etc if they have to travel
please reply asap
thanks
Mike
pllusy

28th Dec 05 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wherebouts are you its an easy enough job to remove it, if its not too well hidden. i took the alarm/immobiliser out of ma saxo when i got rid of it and it only took around an hour.
if you look in the parts offered there is someone advertising and alarm fitting service that might be worth a look.

New Poll