corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help needed urgent

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help needed urgent
Corsa_Boy_2005

User status: Offline
26th Dec 05 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k i have a 1.0 12v 3 cylender ecotec enjine on a 1999 in my corsa and its started cutting out and dieing. i wondered if anyone knew what could be wrong iv been told it could be the airflow meter !. what its doing ok. if i start it when it parked up and its cold cuz its been stood it will start and tick over untill it gets warm then after about 10mins of beaing warm it will just die and all the ignition lights come on. If im driving it it will run till it warms up but once it warms up it just starts spluttering n dies and the ignition ligths will come on or when i dip the cluch the enjine dies. it normally only tends to die when its in 3rd though n if it does i can drop it into 2nd and bump start it but if i let it drop below about 3000rpm in second or dip the cluch when slowing it just cuts out agin. When it cuts out it craks over but doesnt fire and sometimes takes ages. Any info anyone could geve me on this would be greatly appreciated thatnks alot
X 60RSA

26th Dec 05 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ICV or iddle stepper motor on these engines i think, had a similar problem with my 1.2 cutting out.

If im right in saying, it should be next to the throttle body, left hand side, you'll see a little spring on the end of it plus the eleccy cable and plug connected to it.
J100RSA

26th Dec 05 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say bring it to me but im off on my hols weds id could have done a diagnostic check
Corsa_Boy_2005

26th Dec 05 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k thanx guys lol i need as much help and viws on this as i can get as i dont wanna have to take it to vaux. could i find out what was wrong with one of thouse comp from halfords and does it sound like it isnt the airflow meter iv just had the car running and disconeted the plug from the airflow meter and the revs seem to die a little then pick back up does that mean its ok ?
Corsa_Boy_2005

28th Dec 05 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k iv just changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, petrol filter and put a brand new airflow meter in and its still doing the same thing I dont think it would be the icv cuz it all sits ar the right rpm on choke and off and doesnt bounce up and down it just dies when it gets warm got told it could be the cat or lamba sensor ?

New Poll