corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Trying to install USB2.0 PCI card - problems.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trying to install USB2.0 PCI card - problems.
Tiger

User status: Offline
13th Jan 06 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got the new card, opened the case up, popped the card in, put the side back on, put the cables in and turned on.

I thought XP is supposed to auto-detect new hardware? It didnt so I ran the 'Have Disk' and it gave me about 50 different drivers with no explanation as to which one I need. I installed one but the USB card still isnt working. In my device manager its showing 2 root hubs and 2 usb controllers and says that they are working properly buts thats what it had before I put the card in.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

13th Jan 06 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did it detect anything when you booted up?

is there anything extra you need to do in the instructions?

installed any drivers yet?

tried a different pci slot?
Tiger

13th Jan 06 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was my fault - I double checked the card and it wasnt fully pushed in to the slot - DOH!

All good now.

New Poll