corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Office OEM

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Office OEM
Mad Moe

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 06 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking at getting Office 2003 for my new Laptop however could someone tell me what the difference is between Office Pro 2003 and Office Pro 2003 OEM other than the £100 difference in price

Any help appreciated
Bart

3rd Feb 06 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pro i think its for business etc, includes things such as Access (cant remember what else).
OEM (original equipment manufacture) is no different what so ever, just the fact that the supplier is technically not allowed to sell you OEM software without selling you hardware. But im yet to find anyone whos will say no.
IF they do, ask to buy a mouse matt
Mad Moe

3rd Feb 06 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have both available on ebuyer so basically I a mug if I dont go for the OEM version? Just It seemed to me a bit silly offering both when everyone would go for the £100 cheaper OEM version, just thought I must be missing something.
Andrew

3rd Feb 06 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OEM stuff comes without box and manual etc.
Mad Moe

3rd Feb 06 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically they charge you £100 for a box and a manual? No fucking wonder Bill Gates is the richest man in the world
Bart

3rd Feb 06 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
So basically they charge you £100 for a box and a manual? No fucking wonder Bill Gates is the richest man in the world

pretty much, it is a scam.

I think they do have a teacher/student version available which is at a nicer price of £70 (doesnt include access) but i think thats it.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Feb 06 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They shouldn't sell you OEM, and its pointless anyway as unless you buy it with hardware and install it on that its still unlicenced software.

That said, if they're doing it there must be ways around it. I know places that will sell you it along with a mouse as thats the smallest single peice of equipment that could potentially warrent needing a new OS.

Good job the Microsoft Mouse is so damn complicated that it needs up to date drivers.
Bart

3rd Feb 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
They shouldn't sell you OEM, and its pointless anyway as unless you buy it with hardware and install it on that its still unlicenced software.

That said, if they're doing it there must be ways around it. I know places that will sell you it along with a mouse as thats the smallest single peice of equipment that could potentially warrent needing a new OS.

Good job the Microsoft Mouse is so damn complicated that it needs up to date drivers.

So what your saying is if he bought a cheap microsoft mouse @ £10, and then Office OEM, so long as he keeps his mouse with the PC, its licenced?

thats a bit off, how will anyone know whether or not it is kept with the originally purchased equipment?

When i have bought office and windows OEM i have always purchased a PC (obviously), so technically, it is licenced.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Feb 06 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its clearly flawed!

New Poll