corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What is the best way to narrow down to a particular sensor problem ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What is the best way to narrow down to a particular sensor problem ?
jimbo19

User status: Offline
20th Feb 06 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone tell me can an X10XE engine run with various sensors disconnected to try and work out which one is causing idling problems ?
i.e. can I disconnect them one at a time , egr , knock , crankcase , idle speed sensor etc ?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
20th Feb 06 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can do that. the ecu will replace the missing signal with a pre-determined value. this may not solve your problem though as disconnecting a sensor could couse a knock-on effect.

i.e. if you disconnect your knock sensor the ecu will retard the timing. this could cause the idle problem to dissapear. you then spend £50 on a new KS only to find that the problem comes back.

if no m,anagement lights are coming on the the only way to tell is to get a live diagnostic done, that will show you the values that each sensor is giving to the ecu and somebody that knows what they are doing will be able to spot the faulty one.

New Poll