corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ICV problem? (Not sure though)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ICV problem? (Not sure though)
freestylerx

User status: Offline
30th Mar 06 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, not quite sure if this has anything to do with the ICV but its kind of linked to it, so had to be in the title

Well the problem is, while my car is running, if I rev the engine a little then dont touch it, as the revs decrease and get to normal, the revs carry on decreasin so its like going to stall, n engine shakes a little more than usual (rev needle goes half way under 1000) then back up to normal just under 1000.

I mean this might just be normal but its really annoying, n once, it stuck well under 1000 revs for bout 20 seconds, its like it wants to stall.

Not a clue if it has anything to do with the ICV, but has anyone any idea?
Also, I cant usually start my car unless I apply some revs for some reason

Thanks people

Edit: Also, sometime, if I leave the car running without touching it, the revs sometimes increas a few hundred then back to normal, this is also why im thinking its ICV

[Edited on 30-03-2006 by freestylerx]
ed

30th Mar 06 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it tested by Vauxhall, don't waste your money on any new parts because somone off of here has told you to do so.

However, a sticking ICV can be cleaned out - search on here and i'm sure you will find something that will help you.
freestylerx

30th Mar 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks ed, I wasnt about to purchase anything anyway, its not a major problem at the moment I dont think, but I've seen on here how to clean them, but wasjust wondering if this sounds like its actually anything to do with the ICV

Thanks

[Edited on 30-03-2006 by freestylerx]
Joe

30th Mar 06 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds related to ICV, but if the management light is on, as Ed said just get a garage to read it and see what is at fault. Thats what the light is for and why the ECU stores fault codes.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

30th Mar 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like icv.

dont take it to vaux to test it, all they will do is a diagnostic and 9 times out of 10 an icv fault wont show up. get it out, clean it (and the throttle body) and it should be fine.
freestylerx

30th Mar 06 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if you think it is related to the ICV I will have a go at cleaning it tomorrow, but no, there Engine Managment Light is not on
Butler

30th Mar 06 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same problem, all my other symptoms relate to the icv so id say its def related.
therafiman

31st Mar 06 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't 4get the obvious - i had this same problem gettin worse and worse for 2 years, finally cleaned the throttle butterfly with carb cleaner and it went.
freestylerx

31st Mar 06 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, well I cleaned it all today, and now the problem is worse.

The engine definatly wont start unless I applu revs and when I dont apply revs then engine stalls straight away. I have tried cleaning it again but no matter what, the engine stalls unless there are revs being applies.

Have I broke it ?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

31st Mar 06 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you wind the icv plunger back in before re-fitting it? if not then it could be stuck.

New Poll