corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Graphics Card Drivers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Graphics Card Drivers
PhilC

User status: Offline
11th Jun 06 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello...

My mums bf has been filling his PC up with junk for a few years now, while also changing the components and just installing the new drivers. His PC became that slow, and infested with rubbish that it was far easier for me to just format and start again with a fresh XP install.

All is fine apart from the graphics card. The usual generic drivers are useless and jerky and he can't find the disc that came with his card. The drivers for the card from the Nvidia website are seemingly useless because after installation, he restarts and and the windows loading screen stays for in excess of 5 minutes.

He's a very impatient bloke and is one of these PC people who think they know everything inside out and won't be told!

I think he may have missed bits from the story he gave me as I found my drivers disc next to his PC, so i suspect he's tried installing that aswell.

We both have 6600GT's although mine is a PCI-E version, and his is an AGP 8x.

Any ideas?

Tried safe mode to start-over, and system restore/driver rollback...

Cheers...
James_DT

11th Jun 06 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar problem when I first got my 6600GT. The solution was updating the motherboard drivers (AGP, IDE and USB).
PhilC

12th Jun 06 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll try it, cheers mate

New Poll