corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Small problem install new Alpine headunit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Small problem install new Alpine headunit
DarkBahamut

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 06 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went out and picked up a new Alpine CDE-9848RB headunit today as the headunit that was in my car wasnt very good and i wanted MP3 support but ive run into a small problem installing the Alpine.

In the manual it says if your car has a bracket at the back of where the HU goes (which mine already does) then your suppost to use the long hex bolt and rubber cap that comes with the HU. Problem is, that doesnt fit into the hole in the bracket, so the HU wont go in the last half an inch or so.

Now on my old HU, theres a bolt stud on the back of that which fits happy into the backet. Now this will go into the Alpine headunit, but will it cause any damage to it by using it (theres no rubber cap)?.

Heres a small picture of them, one of the left is the old one from the old HU, the one on the right is the Alpine one with the rubber cap (which doesnt fit).

Any help would be great

[Edited on 03-07-2006 by DarkBahamut]
flash22

3rd Jul 06 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry about the stud as there a pig to fit and just get in the way!!!

When you put the cage in just push the tags out to hold the cage in place. (3-2 tags on each side and 4-6 on the top and bottom

also watch the wiring harness as its very close to the mount when you push the headunit back you may need to move the harness out of the way (undo the ashtry and you can push the HU back a bit and move the harness out the way)

[Edited on 03-07-2006 by flash22]
harveygsi

5th Jul 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this poblem, reason its not going in is becos of ur arial, it coms across the back of the hu, and stops going in, its a hand round the side job, beter with help from a mate, also, tape up your arial cable, to the hu cable!
Jdhazz

5th Jul 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a vaux u mite need to swop the red and yellow wire around aswell
DarkBahamut

5th Jul 06 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to get it in ok in the end (didnt bother with the hex bolt). I swapped the red/yellow cables over too (had to do that on the old HU) and disconnected the blue cable to get the date on the MFD . All working fine now, sounds much better than the old HU.

New Poll