corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brakes....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brakes....
V-Man

User status: Offline
16th Sep 06 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am going to upgrade my brakes on my 1.6 sport
just wondering whether i should go for a set of drilled and grooved 1.6 disks, or whether i should just get a 2.0 litre set up.
Obviously the drilled and grooved 1.6 disks should show some performance increase right ... just will it be noticable??
Joe

16th Sep 06 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you'd barely notice drilled and grooved discs on a Corsa. Would be alot better off with the 2.0 setup.
V-Man

16th Sep 06 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks
i want a totally new set up but cant find new calipers hardly anywhere online. disks and pads are easy. think ill scrap yard it for calipers.
cheers
Robin
Premium Member

16th Sep 06 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or V6 ones, £215 from LMF, best £215 i ever spent
bad boy flip

16th Sep 06 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes as many people say, it is not worth wasteing mony to upgrade the brakes on a small car like corsa, there is not big power on even the fastest model, and i would think a waste of money for such a small car.
at the minimum purchase good qulality brake pad
as far as brakes vauxhall still fit drum brakes to back of corsa, so they think our cars do not need powerful brake, even skoda now has disk brake all around
V-Man

16th Sep 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont really have that amount of money atm lol
time to save
L30 SCT

16th Sep 06 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bad boy flip
yes as many people say, it is not worth wasteing mony to upgrade the brakes on a small car like corsa, there is not big power on even the fastest model, and i would think a waste of money for such a small car.
as far as brakes vauxhall still fit drum brakes to back of corsa, so they think our cars do not need powerful brake, even skoda now has disk brake all around

wtf are you speak are you speaking about.
V-Man

16th Sep 06 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bad boy flip

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Robin
Premium Member

16th Sep 06 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's not english, but he manages better english than some people on here
V-Man

16th Sep 06 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
he's not english, but he manages better english than some people on here

too true
daz_SRi

17th Sep 06 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
posted by bad boy flip
even skoda now has disk brake all around

Yeh they do on certain models, youll find the 1.2/1.4 fabias have drums at the back. VW still fit drums on the polo's and on the new fox.

I have a 1.4 SRi 1994 corsa, its by no means the most powerful cosa but i still fitted 2.0 brakes because the standard braking felt horrible, had to have half the pedal pressed before they kicked in, with these 2.0 i get a more, "certain" if you will, feel to them, nice and solid and the brakes helping the car stop quicker can only be a good thing
Robin
Premium Member

17th Sep 06 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed, I had no faith in my standard sport brakes at all. they faded all over the place...

I only ever got my V6 ones to fade once, and I had to try fairly hard, it involved driving between lots of roundabouts in Milton Keynes, quickly

New Poll