corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 20XE Corsa...Spluttering (Possible AFM Fault)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 20XE Corsa...Spluttering (Possible AFM Fault)
Mike2k111

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like after last night ive just added to the list of XE's that have decided they dislike the December weather.

Anyway, was driving home from the pub last night, hit the dual carriageway and accelerated away, it hit about 4k then bogged right down (felt like id changed into 2nd instead of 4th) then kicked forward again and went..Was only 2mins from my house so nothing else happened. Anyway this morning, went to start the car and it idles like crap, really rough and bogged down. Tried running it up the road and its just spluttering then going then stalling etc. Finally got an ECU light to come on so ran a paper clip test and got the following codes:

66 Carbon Monoxide (CO) potentiometer High voltage
73 Air Flow Sensor (AFS) Low voltage
74 Air Flow Sensor (AFS) High voltage

This pretty much confirms what i thought as i had a feeling there was a fault with the AFM as it used to idle strange and splutter abit until fully warmed up. Have no idea about code 66 though? Is this related to the AFM fault or is there something more than a fauly AFM that I should be looking into? Cheers guys

[Edited on 03-12-2006 by Mike2k111]

New Poll