corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » bast#rd car bogging down!!UPDATED WITH MORE INFO!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bast#rd car bogging down!!UPDATED WITH MORE INFO!!
mattievRS

User status: Offline
   27th Jan 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My car fucked up tonight.Sat in traffic and fan came on as usual,then tried to accelerate and the car bogged down so gave it a bit of gas and the acceleration is very slow and it sounds like its miss firing.Cars an x14xe and no eml came on.HELP!!

The car is now popping on accel and slowing down.Checked leads and plugs but all fine as new in last 2 weeks.I did the h/g on it last week and covered 250 miles plus since then.Torqued bolts etc.May it have something to do with this??Oh and when i started it up a minute ago there was a screeching noise for about 5 seconds.

Right had the aa out to it and he said it was a vacuum leak on the throttle body but have sorted this out and still no change.Havent done a compression test yet as need the kit to do it,however i have removed the plugs and crancked by hand and there is definately compression on all 4 cylinders.Have also checked all sensors and seem to be working ok(no eml)and its definately fueling ok.It sits at idle perfectly,only fucks up when i try and drive it!! Anymore suggestions?????

[Edited on 28-01-2007 by m17tty]
mattievRS

27th Jan 07 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump for tonite!
Jake

27th Jan 07 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a compression test
mattievRS

28th Jan 07 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
do a compression test

Just done the h/g mate and i know its fine.The car idles at between 950 and 1100 without missing a beat,it only fucks up when its under load!!
Scotty C

28th Jan 07 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine did excatly the same bud turned out my bottom pullie had worn knocking the timing out, plus my HG went aswell
Scotty C

28th Jan 07 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its the same problem as mine, it will edventually slow right down, and not drive, then wont even start. I also had no EML
Mike GSi

28th Jan 07 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every single x14xe/x16xe/c16xe runs like complete shite when really hot!.......wire up a fan switch have it on in traffic etc
PaulW

28th Jan 07 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the drive belt, make sure its not slack (screeching denotes worn/not enough tension in the belt)

as for compression test, do one anyway, even if you have just done the head on the car... both wet and dry tests

tbh tho it could just be timing related as mentioned, be worth also checking that out

[Edited on 28-01-2007 by PaulW]
mattievRS

28th Jan 07 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
dan_c4rsa

28th Jan 07 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine just pops like fook around 2000 revs when i take foot off the gas.

but i like the sound
mattievRS

28th Jan 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_c4rsa
mine just pops like fook around 2000 revs when i take foot off the gas.

but i like the sound

At least the cnut works!!
mattievRS

28th Jan 07 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt for the night

New Poll