corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » ***Update*** O2 Contract trouble....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ***Update*** O2 Contract trouble....
Richie

User status: Offline
15th Feb 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To cut a long story short.... read the letter ive just sent to them.....

Any advice ?!

O2 Complaint Review Service
PO Box 116
Leeds
LS11 5DS
Fax: 0113 388 1153

15th Feb 2007

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am having a very frustrating time with you at O2. In the month of December, I enquired about the cancellation of the contract as I already have another account with yourself under my fathers business (XXXXXXXXXXX) which was agreed for renewal.

I was advised to write in to confirm cancellation and did so on a letter dated the 18th of Dec 2006. In January, I received a bill for £74.99. £24.99 was an insurance excess, and £49.99 was for the upcoming line rental for the 11th of January until the 10th of February.

On the 16th of January, I used the online help service and sent an email to yourself, to which they responded saying that my disconnection request had not been received and therefore I was still liable for the account. They then provided me further details on how to cancel my contract (which I have already been through before).

I also responded to them saying that I should not be responsible for the £49.99 line rental charge for that month as the SIM card has not even been used, and I had sent in a disconnection request. The fact that it was not received is neither down to myself or O2, but I find it extremely unfair that I should be held ultimately responsible. I was not told that if Royal Mail failed to deliver that I would still be held accountable, even though I have verbally requested a cancellation, and in writing, and AGAIN in an email. For this reason my direct debit was cancelled. The email response was again from an outsourced location just giving me methods of how I could pay now that my direct debit had been cancelled, and did not help me at all.

Further to this, I had sent 2nd letter dated the 19th of January to request disconnection again. Now to my absolute shock I today have received a further bill for another months line rental including the previous months declined payment, for a total of £124.97. I have just come off the phone to your customer service number and became rather irate, because they do not care of the facts and circumstances and kept telling me that I am liable as they have not received any of my letters.

This will now be the 3rd letter that I have sent and I have sent this via recorded mail.

This is my 3rd request to terminate my contract, and also a letter to dispute the pending charges on my account of £99.98. The only charge that I should be liable for is the £24.99 excess and any line rental charge until the end of the 12 month minimum period. Charges outside of this minimum period I should not be liable for, as I have requested termination personally on the phone, in writing and via Email. The SIM card has not been used at all since December as I have been using our business contract extensively.

I hope an agreement can be reached during this matter as I am a happy customer of O2 with the business and my time during my personal contract, but this current situation is far below my expectations.

Kind Regards,

Richard Lucas

[Edited on 20-02-2007 by Richie]
Mase
Premium Member

15th Feb 07 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had problems when I upgraded my contract. They told me to ring up on the day my previous 12 months contract expired, as they couldn't do it before then. I rang up on the day and upgraded my contract and got a new phone, fine i thought.....

Anyway, i get my 1st bill supposidly off this new contract and had been charged nearly £80. i rang up and they told me that as I'd started another month (even though they told me to leave it till the alst day), the contract wouldn't start till the following month. So it turned out i'd used my phone on my old contract uinknowingly and racked up a massive bill..... I rang at least 3 times and eventually got £50 credited to my account, but only after getting irate...

Mase
Robbo

15th Feb 07 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New contratc with Vodafone Incentives provided
sigibbons

15th Feb 07 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
New contratc with Vodafone Incentives provided
mav

15th Feb 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't go with vodafone..I am in dispute with them the now

too long a story to write Robbo but jist of it that they said I had to confirm my identity by letter..SO wrote a letter but forgot to sign it..Then they changed there mind and I could confirm it buy phone..This is when I was trying to cancel the contract..so my contract went on longer...I said send me the final bill and I will pay what I THINK I am due....Also put me on 18month contract when I was always on 12 month without my knowledge...

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by mav]
aim1

15th Feb 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a pretty similar experience recently. I had a contract i Never used from the first month and binned the simcard. cancelled it at the 12 months by way of a letter. I got another bill after this..and customer services said that I hadnt signed the letter I sent them and sent a text to my number to this effect (the number and simcard i hadnt used for 12 months) Not only this, with staff accounts a verbal cancellation instruction is all that is necessary to end a contract and I was misinformed of this aswell. I gave the verbal instruction the second time and Im still getting bills for it now. My account is a staff one and even though i work for them they are no more helpful to me. Getting money out/back from them is like blood out of a stone.

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by aim1]
Richie

15th Feb 07 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, ive cancelled my direct debit and they wont get any money.

Most they will get is the £74.99 just to get it off my back.
aim1

15th Feb 07 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did that in a dispute with specsavers..they wouldn't take back some incorect contact lenses. They passed me onto bailiffs for £11.99 lol
Robbo

15th Feb 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
Don't go with vodafone..I am in dispute with them the now

too long a story to write Robbo but jist of it that they said I had to confirm my identity by letter..SO wrote a letter but forgot to sign it..Then they changed there mind and I could confirm it buy phone..This is when I was trying to cancel the contract..so my contract went on longer...I said send me the final bill and I will pay what I THINK I am due....Also put me on 18month contract when I was always on 12 month without my knowledge...

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by mav]
i can help... we have a service where we can log priority calls to clear things like this up
Robbo

15th Feb 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aim1
I've had a pretty similar experience recently. I had a contract i Never used from the first month and binned the simcard. cancelled it at the 12 months by way of a letter. I got another bill after this..and customer services said that I hadnt signed the letter I sent them and sent a text to my number to this effect (the number and simcard i hadnt used for 12 months) Not only this, with staff accounts a verbal cancellation instruction is all that is necessary to end a contract and I was misinformed of this aswell. I gave the verbal instruction the second time and Im still getting bills for it now. My account is a staff one and even though i work for them they are no more helpful to me. Getting money out/back from them is like blood out of a stone.

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by aim1]
youre O2 arent you?
aim1

15th Feb 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes I am mate.
BlueCorsa

15th Feb 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 always keep billing you, they're right cocks.

Just wait till you get the letter from the debt collectors, then it will be fun. TBH I'd send the small claims court summons in now.
Richie

15th Feb 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant put a summons in yet cos they havent been able to take any money....
Robbo

15th Feb 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to OfCom richie mate

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by Robbo]
Richie

15th Feb 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ofcom have proven themselves useless to me after the broadband blunder I had a few months back
Robbo

15th Feb 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Richie

15th Feb 07 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who keeps moving my threads into geek day
mav

15th Feb 07 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone thread = geek day

Jambo

16th Feb 07 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all mobile companies are cunts.

You WILL NOT find a provider that is "better" than another, its just luck of the draw when it comes to problems.
Brett
Premium Member

16th Feb 07 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took you til the 3rd time to send it recorded tho? Any official letters should always be sent recorded...First time!
aim1

16th Feb 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
all mobile companies are cunts.

You WILL NOT find a provider that is "better" than another, its just luck of the draw when it comes to problems.

Spot on mate. Theres some people that SWEAR 'Three' are amazing
Richie

20th Feb 07 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RESULT!!!

Had a call from a lovely woman at o2 this morning who apologised many times over and have totally wiped my account clear

And as a gesture of good will they are paying my £24.99 excess

Result!
Brett
Premium Member

20th Feb 07 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just goes to show. Winge enough and you'll get your own way in the end. Good work

New Poll