corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » head gasket??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author head gasket??
Corsa_born85

User status: Offline
24th Mar 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have got a corsa 1.4 sri and im nt sure wether my hed gasket has gone. i took off my pipe to the inlet manifold and ther was white oil in ther. also on the filler cap but not on the dipstick. any ideas?
ainsley_brader

24th Mar 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it use any water?
Jake

24th Mar 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how often do you drive the car
craig_s

24th Mar 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like moisture from doingshort journeys check inside the header tank for gunk
Corsa_born85

25th Mar 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont do short journeys. it uses shit loadsa water. i filled it up to top on weds n now its empty. ive dun bout 100 mile since then
mattk

25th Mar 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any white smoke comming from the exhaust?
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Mar 07 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any obvious leaks from the rad etc?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
ainsley_brader

25th Mar 07 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
sounds like moisture from doingshort journeys check inside the header tank for gunk

If the headgasket had gone between a water jacket and oil return you would have water in the oil but no oil in the water.

TO have oil in the water the headgasket would need to have gone between the water jacket and an oil feed.

You dont need to see mayo in both the water and the oil it depends on which is at the higher pressure.
ainsley_brader

25th Mar 07 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
any white smoke comming from the exhaust?

For white smoke the headgasket would have had to have gone between a cylinder and a water jacket.
If the headgasket had gone between the water jacket and an oil return you would have water in the oil but no white smoke!
ainsley_brader

25th Mar 07 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh it does sound like headgasket unless you can find an external leak to prove differently
craig_s

25th Mar 07 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the headgasket had gone between a water jacket and oil return you would have water in the oil but no oil in the water.

TO have oil in the water the headgasket would need to have gone between the water jacket and an oil feed.

You dont need to see mayo in both the water and the oil it depends on which is at the higher pressure.

agreed but its the first thing you check

New Poll