corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » sound question.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sound question.....
Jas

User status: Offline
5th Sep 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right heres one that might be a bit of a task...

I have an on board 5.1 where all the slots are taken for my speakers...

But I also want to run my sky digital and my games consoles through the pc speakers...

I have another 5.1 sound card... BUT if I use that it will only be the channel I choose wont it? like front/ center or rear

any ways of getting it to work
ssj_kakarot

5th Sep 07 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure how this will work tbh.

your current 5.1 outputs to the speakers, the other 5.1 isnt connected to any speakers.

what your wanting to do i presume is run a lead from the logic box into the other sound card (the spare one thats not connected to the speakers)

so if you run the sound from the ps2 ect into the input of the spare sound card how will it send the signal to the output of the other soundcard so it will run through the 5.1 speakers.

your best off getting a seperate amp to power the speakers and run everything into that.
Neo

5th Sep 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

urmmm is it to simple to think maybe just line in, and mic in ?

Then use a program e.g. audacity to just select which input you want to use when ?

P.S i agree just buy a 50 watt amp for 50 quid if your not into powerful stereo's

[Edited on 05-09-2007 by Neo]
drax

5th Sep 07 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you run a second sound card, you should be able to select what soundcard to output sounds to in your applications, providing there are no conflicts in running the 2

I think you'll need an external box or a proper soundcard if you want to do what I think you want to do, as stated

[Edited on 05-09-2007 by drax]
ssj_kakarot

5th Sep 07 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but if one soundcard has and input on it, will the software allow the input from that sound card to out put through the other installed sound card?

ive never seen an option to route one sound cards output into another soundcards output.

not that i tried hard to look lol.
ssj_kakarot

5th Sep 07 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have a bit of money to spend your best bet is to , buy a amp, and run everything into that through optical lead.

Jas

6th Sep 07 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just I have an output from my sky box and an output from the vga box for the games consoles... and i want them all on same channel ideally..

New Poll